Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Has The Brighter Future?

Who Has The Brighter Future?

• Elvis Andrus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
cgilmo said:
zookerman182 said:
Ozzie Smith, Omaz Vizquel, Alcides Escobar......

but seriously Escobar is not done growing and he is a web gem per game type fielder. Alcides hands down.

ozzie smith and omar vizquel are nothing like Alcides Escobar

different packages, completely different body styles.

heh, i just traced your IP, and sure enough you are from huntsville, so I take it you go to stars games.

Do you not see the big frame that Alcides has? hes got the potential to hit for a bunch of power.

Yeah i know he is built differently than them. It was sort of a joke. Yes i live in Huntsville and i try to go to as many games as i can.

Alcides will bulk up and hit for hopefully 20 Hr a season. I think with more experience he can be a 40 steals per season guy too. The best part is, he is mostly recognized and will continue to be recognized for his crazy good fielding.

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
Anthony K. said:
cgilmo said:
isn't andrus a horrid fielder?

32 errors at SS last year :shock:

I voted Alcides.

I think he develops more power. With plus power (for SS), good speed, great defense, he was easily my choice.

Now, if Andrus spent one more year in the minors....maybe I'd sing a different tune (but he HAS to lose those errors....32 is ghastly).

8-10 of those errors came while he was playing with a fractured hand!!!

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Kevbo said:
and I hereby vote to petition you out of the official Brewer prospector club. Booooooo.
Offensively, Alcides has shown signs of power here and there, which is the last tool to develop for many guys, especially guys like him. While I have no fantasies about him being a homerun guy, I think it's possible for him to gain Hardy type power. Even if he doesn't, he's no slouch with the bat, and his defense can't be touched. He's a wizard out there. Yep, I said WIZARD, as in OZ. They call him inspector gadget for his go-go-gadget glove.
If you come down to spring training, I'm going to punch you just for making this thread.
Edit- I in no way meant to sound like Alcides could be a powerful bat, I'm just saying it will keep pace just fine, and his defense is ridiculous. redonkulous. recockulous. You should come out to Spring Training to see for yourself. (and get punched.)

Whoa there. I'm sorry, but I really see Andrus being a special player. I can't wait to see Escobar turing web-gems, but unless he shows at least a little power this season, I think Andrus has the higher ceiling.

That was incredibly tough for me to do though.....

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
Kevbo said:
and I hereby vote to petition you out of the official Brewer prospector club. Booooooo.
Offensively, Alcides has shown signs of power here and there, which is the last tool to develop for many guys, especially guys like him. While I have no fantasies about him being a homerun guy, I think it's possible for him to gain Hardy type power. Even if he doesn't, he's no slouch with the bat, and his defense can't be touched. He's a wizard out there. Yep, I said WIZARD, as in OZ. They call him inspector gadget for his go-go-gadget glove.
If you come down to spring training, I'm going to punch you just for making this thread.
Edit- I in no way meant to sound like Alcides could be a powerful bat, I'm just saying it will keep pace just fine, and his defense is ridiculous. redonkulous. recockulous. You should come out to Spring Training to see for yourself. (and get punched.)

Whoa there. I'm sorry, but I really see Andrus being a special player. I can't wait to see Escobar turing web-gems, but unless he shows at least a little power this season, I think Andrus has the higher ceiling.

That was incredibly tough for me to do though.....

How special, in your opinion. I love this card, and was upset when he was traded.
scan0013.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
cgilmo said:
zookerman182 said:
Ozzie Smith, Omaz Vizquel, Alcides Escobar......

but seriously Escobar is not done growing and he is a web gem per game type fielder. Alcides hands down.

ozzie smith and omar vizquel are nothing like Alcides Escobar

different packages, completely different body styles.

heh, i just traced your IP, and sure enough you are from huntsville, so I take it you go to stars games.

Do you not see the big frame that Alcides has? hes got the potential to hit for a bunch of power.

I am from Huntsville and have seen Alcides play 5 times so far. He was VERY impressive in all but 1 of those games...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
For my buddy Zook...

AlcidesEscobar2006RedRefractor.jpg

I don't know enough about Andrus, but I know Alcides leather can't be topped. I submit that he will be THE top defensive SS in the MLB in a year or two.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
hive17 said:
For my buddy Zook...

AlcidesEscobar2006RedRefractor.jpg

I don't know enough about Andrus, but I know Alcides leather can't be topped. I submit that he will be THE top defensive SS in the MLB in a year or two.

not fair.......

there are 4 more out there and a super........i will get one of those before 2010

Members online

Latest posts