Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whose Superfractor Would Fetch More?

Whose Superfractor Fetches More?

• 2010 Bowman Chrome Autograph Stephen Strasburg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I say Strasburg right now, and definatley Strasburg if Harper doesn't go #1 overall this summer which is certainly a possibility. A lot of it depends on how well Strasburg performs before his super comes out this fall as we suspect.

nyyankeesfan.13722

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
Halonut said:
i went with strasburg...even with the hype, most casual fans still don't have a clue who harper is.

How many casual fans read SI, were intrigued with the words "Baseball's LeBron" adorning the cover and wanted to know more about him, though?

How many casual fans know who Strasburg is right now?

My parents do, I know that much. They are casual fans of the game, don't understand cards, but have heard him mentioned on both the radio and TV on several occasions. And we live in the Midwest.

My mom watches ESPN, NESN and every Red Sox game as well as Cape League games, and I know she would have no clue who he was.
Truthfully does it matter if a casual fan knows a prospect. I bet most casual fans don't know Jason Heyward. Casual fans aren't going to be the people shelling out 1k+.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Harper beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you want the real answer, just ask Wossa what he would pay. Whoever plays hard ball the best with him, I would say.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Halonut said:
i went with strasburg...even with the hype, most casual fans still don't have a clue who harper is.
It makes no difference if casual fans know who Harper is.
Casual fans don't usually bid on $5,000 Superfractors.
All it takes is two deep-pocketed collectors to get in a bidding war and the price shoots through the roof.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Harper without question, had Strasburg had a better AFL showing I would say possibly Strasburg, but I can say Harper with 100% confidence!

Jaypers said:
Strasburg vs. Harper.

Both have tremendous hype behind them, but Harper has more. Especially with his SI cover.

However, Strasburg is easily more polished at his craft and is much closer to the majors.

Both have a LOT to live up to.

So, assuming both will have Autographed Bowman Chrome cards this year, whose Superfractor would fetch more in your opinion?

Vote!

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
Halonut said:

I don't think this has anything to do with the casual fan though. Cards of that level will be purchased by the hardcore collector.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Strasburg has received more hype than Harper. Sure Harper was on SI a year ago but Stras has had much more mainstream coverage, for a longer and more recent period, and is much closer to the majors. There is no way more people know of Harper now than Strasburg. Harper's hype is dying down right now. I'm going with Stras.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
andyduke86 said:
Strasburg has received more hype than Harper. Sure Harper was on SI a year ago but Stras has had much more mainstream coverage, for a longer and more recent period, and is much closer to the majors. There is no way more people know of Harper now than Strasburg. Harper's hype is dying down right now. I'm going with Stras.

Exerpt from a recent article:

Catcher is the top prospect, but he doesn't stand alone

By Jim Callis
February 15, 2010

Bryce Harper is just 17, and he already has been hyped more than any player in draft history.

It started when he put on a show at the 2008 Area Code Games as a freshman. It escalated when he smashed a ball of the back wall of Tropicana Field during the 2009 International Power Showcase, a blast that became an instant YouTube classic. It reached another level when Sports Illustrated put him on its cover last June and dubbed him "Baseball's LeBron."

And it continues to grow. Harper took the unprecedented step of bypassing his last two years of high school, getting his GED diploma so he could enroll at the CC of Southern Nevada and become draft-eligible. He instantly became the No. 1 prospect in the 2010 draft.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kentuckyderby said:
50% chance Harper still the #1 pick?

More than that, I would think. Here are his numbers to date.

49 for 115 (.426 AVG), 13 2B, 1 3B, 12 HR's, 37 RBI's, 24 BB, 24 K's, .521 OBP, .870 SLG, 13 A, 2 ER, .989 fld%.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
razorent said:
mburgin said:
does it really matter as wossamottau will end up with both of them anyway.

Dont be so sure :D
BG

It would be sick if Razor bought a bunch of harper stuff and some how incorporated it into future product (especially usa autos #ed to 25)

Superfractor per pack item?
BG

p.s.- just kidding, I want one of the 2 for myself......

Members online

Latest posts