Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why do card collectors.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
.....Get incredibly specific when talking about their card buys as a child? "I used to buy my cards at Bob's candy store on the corner of Pine and Shrub street"

.....store their valuable raw cards in eight cents of protection?

.....place a nice premium on a brand spanking new (sturdy) high quality card just because it graded gem?

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Because of great childhood memories! I still remember taking a couple buses to downtown San Diego to go to my favorite card shop. Even to this day when I go back and visit, I make a stop there.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Everyone gets specific when talking about treasured memories.

If they made $8 top loaders, people would use them.

Premium quality = premium price, no matter what the age is.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
To answer your first question, I'd have to take it back to a simpler time. It was the early nineties, and I had just gotten my first Griffey card. So I rode my bike down Eucalyptus, through Edgemont, to the local card shop tucked awayy in a small shopping center on Perris Blvd and Indian Avenue. "Rookies" was heaven. They....

....okay I'm done.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
.....Get incredibly specific when talking about their card buys as a child? "I used to buy my cards at Bob's candy store on the corner of Pine and Shrub street."
ceefb7a3d7f8024585029e6394c0c43f.jpg

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
In 1979-1980 I used to buy my cards from Lanes Drug Store Howell NJ
In 1981-84 I used to buy my cards from Burkes Drug store in Farmingdale NJ
and went to card stores at the Peddlers Village and Collingswood Flea Market

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I think we old guys like to be specific in our nostalgia ramblings because we want to convince ourselves (and others) that we still have a viable, though selective, memory.

Wait, what was the question again?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Nostalgia and some longing to have a connection with a few things we all did as kids.

Members online

Latest posts