Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why it sucks to be a KC Royals Fan.....your Ugh Stat of the Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jonathan Sanchez is with the Rockies as he was traded so we don't even get that

Well he was with KC this season according to his bio so I added him to the pitcher comment you made here. GEEZ why care just look at the picture man.......look at the picture. ;)

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
Hey it could be worse, you could be an Astros fan who happens to also be a National league fan.
:(
David

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright David T, that is a pretty sad story. I think you'll come to know and love the AL though, and start to wonder why people think pitchers should attempt to be batters.

At least you had the 90's. Some of those teams had to be some of the most dominate in baseball, especially the strongest ones that the AL Central has ever seen. Hated when they went to Jacob's Field and had to face Jim Thome, Albert Belle, Kenny Lofton, Sandy Alomar Jr. , Omar Visquel, Carlos Baerga, Manny Ramirez and a few HOF and borderline HOFers

That's true, and it was a good time, and we had lots of exciting chances... but walked away from the whole era with 0 WS rings. It's getting to be like the Cubs... they haven't won it in my lifetime, or even my father's lifetime... at least old grampy was alive back in '48! :mad:

We picked up Brandon Phillips as a rule 5 draftee (from the Indians - Thank You Very Much!).

This is the perfect example of the luck of the Indians. That's not the same Phillips that played for the Tribe. I'm not sure how that works. We were all really excited to have him join the team, but when he did he hit .208 and his OBP was .242. Dismal. In 2005 he hit .256 in AAA. I totally understand why we let him go. What I don't understand is.... what happened after that? WAR with Cleveland: -.6 WAR with Cincinatti: 20.1

It was hard to predict that a guy who could barely cut it in AAA would suddenly become an above average MLB player, and the Indians should not be blamed for failing to predict it. It just sucks that they have such terrible luck, and any move they make never pans out. I mean, one time they traded CC Sabathia for the second coming of Jesus, and he couldn't cut it in the majors. I have no doubt that if they trade La Porta away, to anybody, he'll probably be in the running for MVP next season.

Go Tribe.