Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Miikka Kiprusoff make NHL History this year???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I think it is between Kipper and Thomas. I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas wins. I think with the Flames finishing 4th or 5th that is going to hurt.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Kippers got 43 wins now and Calgary has 7 games to go. It looks very unlikely that Kipper is gonna break or tie the record. He has to win 5 more in the final 7 games. Do bad Calgary lost a few games here the last several days, had Kipper had even one more win, he would have had a great chance. Oh well, i still have vmy fingers crossed, it can still happen, as Vancouver is right on Calgary's butt it looks like Kipper will start these final 7 games.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Autismic said:
He needs a rest before the Playoffs begin..If they go deep he is going to be wasted..lots if those smelling salts between periods

Oh i agree he does need a rest, i was hoping Calgary would have had first place ***** up with 4 or 5 games to go, so Kipper could sit those final games. But with Vancouver only 1 point behind these days, i don't see Kipper getting any rest at all. I think that is Calgary's only really big weakness, is that they don't have a decent back up goalie that they can rely on, who could have played at least 15-20 games this year to give Kipper a rest. Next year Calgary better get a decent back-up in, or give Leland Irving a chance to start playing in the NHL and let him play 20 games or so.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Autismic said:
He needs a rest before the Playoffs begin..If they go deep he is going to be wasted..lots if those smelling salts between periods

Oh i agree he does need a rest, i was hoping Calgary would have had first place wrapped up with 4 or 5 games to go, so Kipper could sit those final games. But with Vancouver only 1-3 point(s) behind these days, i don't see Kipper getting any rest at all. I think that is Calgary's only really big weakness, is that they don't have a decent back up goalie that they can rely on, who could have played at least 15-20 games this year to give Kipper a rest. Next year Calgary better get a decent back-up in, or give Leland Irving a chance to start playing in the NHL and let him play 20 games or so.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Autismic said:
too bad he won't get it..he made a good run...he's gonna sleep for 3 days after the season ends...over worked

yep, looks like he and the Flames have run out of gas to finish the year. I really thought a few weeks ago the record was his for the taking. Not getting a suitable back up so Kipper could get a break may be the Flames downfall this year.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Autismic said:
What's that kids name who backs him up... McElhinney I think ..he isn't that good..I have a nice cup RC of his that i pulled.

he hasn't played much in his first couple years, but he is still looking for his first NHL win.... ever :oops:

Ariza3Harris34

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think McElhinney is starter materail but it seems the Flames play like garbage in front of him.
he is a pretty outstanding goalie but he might be better somewhere else.

And thats unfortunate. We would be giving up a quality goal tender.

Members online