Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will this year's National break 1991 Attendance Record?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
A couple of things

1) The NSCC, and I've had numerous talks with the people running the show, have a limited number of places they can use for the show. I believe the count is between 10-12 and some of them frankly don't want us so there is that issue

2) As a person living in the DFW area, trust me I'd love a show in this area or even in Houston, but do you really want to spend a week here in the middle of summer. I sure don't and I LIVE HERE. Besides, Kyle Robertson's excellent shows in the Watters Creek Convention Center compensate for the lack of a National here.

3) As for attendance, that will be trickier as the count of VIP's can be used five times so I suspect the total is different than 1991 where you had to pay most days. Slightly different so harder to tell on that count

Regards
Rich

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
A couple of things

1) The NSCC, and I've had numerous talks with the people running the show, have a limited number of places they can use for the show. I believe the count is between 10-12 and some of them frankly don't want us so there is that issue

2) As a person living in the DFW area, trust me I'd love a show in this area or even in Houston, but do you really want to spend a week here in the middle of summer. I sure don't and I LIVE HERE. Besides, Kyle Robertson's excellent shows in the Watters Creek Convention Center compensate for the lack of a National here.

3) As for attendance, that will be trickier as the count of VIP's can be used five times so I suspect the total is different than 1991 where you had to pay most days. Slightly different so harder to tell on that count

Regards
Rich
See ya there Rich!

Naughtonart

May 8, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Hope we have a huge crowd! If you make it to the show, please consider stopping by our #1205 booth, we will have my original sports art available. This is my first time setting up at the National, so I am both excited and terrified, ha! Hope to see you there! Thanks in advance! -Brent

Attachments

• National_Stephens_center_BW.jpg
    National_Stephens_center_BW.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Baseball_1.jpg
    Baseball_1.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 1
  • National_Instagram_LR.jpg
    National_Instagram_LR.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 1

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
A couple of things

Regards
Rich

1. True enough. There are ways to overcome that though, especially with the current growth in the hobby.

2. The show is indoors. The heat isn't an issue for a National. Kyle's shows are great. I've enjoyed every one I've attended but lets not get nuts. It isn't the National.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
My bet, it will NOT break the attendance record.

Not sure I'd go to Chicago to attend one. Long drive, high expense, unsafe city. I could be convinced to go to Atlantic City next year. Would prefer it come to Hartford or Providence though. PVD has a conventions center that would be good for it, traffic is FAR better than dealing with Boston or NYC, and its 5 miles from my door! Hartford could be okay, but its a far less safe city and a 1 hour drive.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts

Not sure I'd go to Chicago to attend one. Long drive, high expense, unsafe city. I could be convinced to go to Atlantic City next year. Would prefer it come to Hartford or Providence though. PVD has a conventions center that would be good for it, traffic is FAR better than dealing with Boston or NYC, and its 5 miles from my door! Hartford could be okay, but its a far less safe city and a 1 hour drive.

Hartford and Providence don't have big enough places to have a show the size of the National. Hartford has very high crime. Providence doesn't have a lot of hotel rooms either.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

When I took a trip to CT for work, I stayed in the Hartford area. When my buddy @Yanks2151 visited me, he mentioned this about Hartford. It seemed like an odd place to be some crime-riddled. Sounds like a lot of gang activity for some reason.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

There was talk several years ago about a very large (not National sized, but bigger than Mansfield) show at the Providence Civic Center, but nothing ever came of it. I assume it had to do with costs, or possibly the people trying to organize it. Too bad, the furry conventions and fetish cons bring in a good crowd, I'm sure a card show would do the same.

Members online

Latest posts