Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

woo-hoo, won a couple nice patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
It's not often I see any patches i like these days (with all the fake crap), but scored a couple nice ones this week.

!CEVUcCw!mk~$(KGrHqQOKpEE0WD9-hRvBNRgCi(B9Q~~_12.jpg !CE(Ss!g!2k~$(KGrHqEOKkME0UwvUZV3BNRpE+4SM!~~_12.jpg

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Great stuff as usual!

I was perusing through your bucket earlier looking at your customs and pondering what to do with the Mantle I got in hand today and a DiMaggio I have incoming.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Glad you won the Hamilton.

I started a thread about it last week. A few people thought it might be fake...at this point, who knows what's real and what isn't. I don't even care

If you ever wanna sell your Josh Hamilton, contact JoshHamilton*

*That's a damn good slogan, if I do say so myself

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Glad you won the Hamilton.

I started a thread about it last week. A few people thought it might be fake...at this point, who knows what's real and what isn't. I don't even care

If you ever wanna sell your Josh Hamilton, contact JoshHamilton*

*That's a damn good slogan, if I do say so myself

most of the ultimates have nice patches, so i doubt someone would take a chance ruining a card that had premium patch already.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
hofautos said:
most of the ultimates have nice patches, so i doubt someone would take a chance ruining a card that had premium patch already.

That's what the original seller/patch faker wants you to think.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
The Ripken is awesome, but I think the Hamilton is a fake. Here's my post from the Hamilton thread, as I was late to the party:

The Hamilton in question was originally sold by casecards513 on 7/14/10 (original scan is below). On the same day the seller sold full logo patches from this set of Reyes and Jenkins

Other cards sold by casecards513

2010-07-14JoshHamilton.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
^^^

That could just mean that the guy has collected some premium patches and some are fakes and some aren't. That doesn't meant that he is faking his own, but maybe. I am not too quick to judge. ...he isn't that one guy in NC that everyone knows anyway ... :lol: I know what you are saying though. I have collected a ton of premium patches, and if you look at my bucket you would think some of mine are fake because I have a lot of "NICE ONES", and some may be, but i dont think so...anyway, look at the ultimates on ebay...all have nice patches.

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/Baseb ... 86.c0.m282

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
hofautos said:
^^^

That could just mean that the guy has collected some premium patches and some are fakes and some aren't. That doesn't meant that he is faking his own, but maybe. I am not too quick to judge. ...he isn't that one guy in NC that everyone knows anyway ... :lol: I know what you are saying though. I have collected a ton of premium patches, and if you look at my bucket you would think some of mine are fake because I have a lot of "NICE ONES", and some may be, but i dont think so...anyway, look at the ultimates on ebay...all have nice patches.

Yet none of those are as "nice" as yours. I know mrwhitesox30 has some, maybe several logo patches from this set that he has purchased since release and we've seen other parts of those sleeve patches since the product came out. He knows what he's talking about.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
^^^

Yet none of those are as "nice" as yours. I know mrwhitesox30 has some, maybe several logo patches from this set that he has purchased since release and we've seen other parts of those sleeve patches since the product came out. He knows what he's talking about.

I saw when the set was released and there were a ton of nice ones...you have to realize the nice part of the logos went on at least some of them.
I got a nice "T" for tulo when they were released, and was outbid on several MUCH nicer ones. Surely not all the nicest ones are fake...

tulo.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
^^^

Yes the ones on ebay are very nice just not Hamilton Nice. With that said there are nice "Logo" patches in the set and also nice "Altered" Logo Patches from the set. The time to Buy a nice logo Patch is right when a set goes live and starts hitting ebay as you do not want to give the people who actually alter these cards time to alter them. Now does that mean every patch logo that goes live is real? Maybe and maybe not but you chances are much better that it was pulled from a pack, box or case rather than Sold then bought (From the Alterer) and then resold again with a nicer looking patch. The patch game is no longer simple and you really have to be cautious now. I myself bought most of my Logos when the product went live and have acountablity of most of them except 2. Now I have looked over them and I feel comfortable with them being real. I would do the same with the Hamilton just to be safe. If you feel anything looks odd send it back, if you are 100% comfortable with it keep it. I am also picking up cards for the set but I stay away from most logo patches now as the set has been out long enough for alterers to do their work. Unless I know it was pulled by someone or there is video on it. This does not mean that every logo patch out there is fake but its better to be safe than sorry. I like most hate that we have to be cautious or suspicious but that how it is today. I hope someday the companys finally take initiative and do things to help curb this problem much better that we dont have to question future patches. Good luck with what ever you do.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
mlbsalltimegreats said:
hofautos said:
^^^

Yes the ones on ebay are very nice just not Hamilton Nice. With that said there are nice "Logo" patches in the set and also nice "Altered" Logo Patches from the set. The time to Buy a nice logo Patch is right when a set goes live and starts hitting ebay as you do not want to give the people who actually alter these card time to alter them. Now does that mean every patch logo that goes live is real? Maybe and maybe not but you chances are much better that it was pulled from a pack, box or case rather than Sold then bought (From the Alterer) and then resold again with a nicer looking patch. The patch game is no longer simple and you really have to be cautious now. I myself bought most of my Logos when the product went live and have acountablity of most of them except 2. Now I have looked over them and I feel comfortable with them being real. I would do the same with the Hamilton just to be safe. If you feel anything looks odd send it back, if you are 100% comfortable with it keep it. I am also picking up cards for the set but I stay away from most logo patches now as the set has been out long enough for alterers to do their work. Unless I know it was pulled by someone or there is video on it. This does not mean that every logo patch out there is fake but its better to be safe than sorry. I like most hate that we have to be cautious or suspicious but that how it is today. I hope someday the companys finally take initiative and do things to help curb this problem much better that we dont have to question future patches. Good luck with what ever you do.

I agree, the best time to buy is when they are released...but people dont always hold onto their cards forever. I sold my tulo and zimmerman much later after it was released. THe way I look at it is, that unless it is known fake or tampering evidence or from NC, then it is real :D
I had an Ivan ROdriguez patch for the longest time that had the marlin logo, and I knew it was real, but so many people said it was fake, and I ended up selling it to someone on this board for like $150 and they flipped it for $300....since then...i don't really care anymore what people think. They seem to do well on ebay no matter what the concensus is here.

3ss.jpg
madduxpatch3.jpg
riverapatch.jpg
rickeytott.jpg
andruw_chipper_patch_auto.jpg
ivanmarlin.jpg

cubuffs13

Mar 24, 2010
Provo, UT
hofautos said:
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
^^^

I saw when the set was released and there were a ton of nice ones...you have to realize the nice part of the logos went on at least some of them.
I got a nice "T" for tulo when they were released, and was outbid on several MUCH nicer ones. Surely not all the nicest ones are fake...

tulo.jpg

Sick Tulo, been looking to pick one up for some time.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
hofautos said:
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
^^^

tulo.jpg

I never said the cards from this set do not have nice patches/logos in any of them. In fact, I acknowledged that there are some very nice ones out there. The thing about your tulo is that it is really easy to tell it is real by the stitching and by how the letter is cut in half (which is how ud cut nameplate patches for this set). In addition, it would be much tougher to fake a letter than a logo. For other players, I can name what type of logo patches have been included as I've seen multiples of them (reggie jackson: elephant and ball, joe mauer: patch with the outline of minnesota and two people, zimmerman DC sleeve from red jersey, etc.) but nothing stands out about the hamilton. If you choose to believe the hamilton is real, that's your deal. Just saying that most evidence points to it as being fake and trying to help you out.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
^^^

tulo.jpg

I never said the cards from this set do not have nice patches/logos in any of them. In fact, I acknowledged that there are some very nice ones out there. The thing about your tulo is that it is really easy to tell it is real by the stitching and by how the letter is cut in half (which is how ud cut nameplate patches for this set). In addition, it would be much tougher to fake a letter than a logo. For other players, I can name what type of logo patches have been included as I've seen multiples of them (reggie jackson: elephant and ball, joe mauer: patch with the outline of minnesota and two people, zimmerman DC sleeve from red jersey, etc.) but nothing stands out about the hamilton. If you choose to believe the hamilton is real, that's your deal. Just saying that most evidence points to it as being fake and trying to help you out.

What is the "most evidence" points to the hamilton as being fake? Because you haven't seen it and because the seller had too many premiums? I haven't seen any evidence yet...I am more than willing to listen. What is your opinion on the Ripken?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
hofautos said:
^^^

Yes the ones on ebay are very nice just not Hamilton Nice. With that said there are nice "Logo" patches in the set and also nice "Altered" Logo Patches from the set. The time to Buy a nice logo Patch is right when a set goes live and starts hitting ebay as you do not want to give the people who actually alter these card time to alter them. Now does that mean every patch logo that goes live is real? Maybe and maybe not but you chances are much better that it was pulled from a pack, box or case rather than Sold then bought (From the Alterer) and then resold again with a nicer looking patch. The patch game is no longer simple and you really have to be cautious now. I myself bought most of my Logos when the product went live and have acountablity of most of them except 2. Now I have looked over them and I feel comfortable with them being real. I would do the same with the Hamilton just to be safe. If you feel anything looks odd send it back, if you are 100% comfortable with it keep it. I am also picking up cards for the set but I stay away from most logo patches now as the set has been out long enough for alterers to do their work. Unless I know it was pulled by someone or there is video on it. This does not mean that every logo patch out there is fake but its better to be safe than sorry. I like most hate that we have to be cautious or suspicious but that how it is today. I hope someday the companys finally take initiative and do things to help curb this problem much better that we dont have to question future patches. Good luck with what ever you do.

I agree, the best time to buy is when they are released...but people dont always hold onto their cards forever. I sold my tulo and zimmerman much later after it was released. THe way I look at it is, that unless it is known fake or tampering evidence or from NC, then it is real :D
I had an Ivan ROdriguez patch for the longest time that had the marlin logo, and I knew it was real, but so many people said it was fake, and I ended up selling it to someone on this board for like $150 and they flipped it for $300....since then...i don't really care anymore what people think. They seem to do well on ebay no matter what the concensus is here.

3ss.jpg
madduxpatch3.jpg
riverapatch.jpg
rickeytott.jpg
andruw_chipper_patch_auto.jpg
ivanmarlin.jpg
And I myself have cards that I know are real but other would say are fake:

JimThomeSuperPatchSp.jpg

But thats not the point. You absolutely do not have to care what people say but i think its important for people to be educated a bit on the subject and I think people should atleast let someone know if they have certain information that could help save them a few bucks. The card did not sell for very much so even if it was altered you wouldnt lose much but if you dont atleast be somewhat careful it will add up. Again the card could be real and ultimately its up to you on what you feel about the card. No one here is trying to take away from the great pick up but rather just trying to be informative about the card and of the entire set. Nobody, whether liked or unliked, deserved to be ripped off. Everyone makes mistakes whether its the person who bought the patch or the guy claiming it could be fake but again its better to be safe than sorry.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
bear0555 said:
hofautos said:
^^^

tulo.jpg

What is the "most evidence" points to the hamilton as being fake? Because you haven't seen it and because the seller had too many premiums? I haven't seen any evidence yet...I am more than willing to listen. What is your opinion on the Ripken?
The Ripken is good. Whitesox30 has the other half "IP" that fits your Ripken Perfectly. I have the letter "e" from the front of the jersey that has the same stitching and jersey material so they did use the same jersey for all of them. I dont think anyone is questioning the Ripken.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
^^^ Again, I agree, and am more than willing to listen. If someone knew it was fake, and they had a picture of the same numbered card with a "lesser" patch, or any evidence, I am more than happy to listen. I do look at all my patches when i get them...even the dunn i recently got, which I am sure is real, but it looked to be seperating at the seam, so that is not even real evidence. I guess I trust unless I am given a reason not to, and I am still listening.

I did find that the card did sell in july of last year with the same patch though...that doesnt really say anything about it real or not, other than it was the same patch 9 months ago.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/j ... -114239537

Members online

Latest posts