Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Working on updating my trade list, but where do you draw the line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Good Evening,

Finally getting around to organizing and updating my outdated trade page. I have an older freewebs account that I like but I am thinking about revamping the list of cards since it hasn't been updated in a long time.

I have my Hall of Famers listed on one link and my baseball stars listed on another. I'm thinking about just listing all my baseball in one link so I can add my football and basketball stuff as well. Since I'm using an older freewebs account and am not looking to upgrade it, I believe I can only have 10 or so pages on the site. (The link to my page is in my signature.)

My dilemma is this. When I started my list of trade bait back in around 2006 or so, I would pull the major stars and Hall of Famers. I never pulled guys like Goose Gossage, Bruce Sutter, and Bert Blyleven in the past because I thought they would not get into the HOF.

In preparation for updating my page, I recently have gone back and pulled out guys like Tony LaRussa, Joe Torre, and Bobby Cox since their recent induction.

I'm torn on some of the other players I have started pulling out as well. I am pulling out guys like Lance Berkman, Jeff Kent, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, Jason Giambi, Ian Kinsler, Hideki Matsui, Justin Morneau, Mike Mussina, Roy Oswalt, Hanley Ramirez, Jimmy Rollins, Gary Sheffield, Alfonso Soriano, Chase Utley, Justin Verlander, Larry Walker, and a few others. I know most of these guys will not get in but wondering if it is worth it to separate them in case I find a player or team collector who may have some interest.

Thoughts?

Also, anyone have a recommendation on a site like maybe a google page, thistle, etc? I have most of my cards on beckett currently.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I would just have one page per sport. Make it as simple as possible for people to look through. Splitting it out from stars/HOF can get too time confusing and messy since a stars category is subjective and HOFers change every year due to additions. I'd put everything either by alphabetical or by team pictured on the card, link a picture of the card and be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts