Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees sign Andy Pettitte!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
dano7 said:
Really surprised at this. I hope it goes well for him, as he should be able to pitch effectively.
I wonder if the Yankees would have made the trade for Pineda if this had happened sooner.
DANNY

I was wondering this myself. After hearing that Pettitte and Cashman had been talking about this for a while, I'm a little peeved that Pettitte didn't sign earlier. The Yankees would probably still have Montero.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Matsuicollector said:
dano7 said:
Really surprised at this. I hope it goes well for him, as he should be able to pitch effectively.
I wonder if the Yankees would have made the trade for Pineda if this had happened sooner.
DANNY

I was wondering this myself. After hearing that Pettitte and Cashman had been talking about this for a while, I'm a little peeved that Pettitte didn't sign earlier. The Yankees would probably still have Montero.

Supposedly Cashman offered Pettitte a $10m-$12m contract back in December. Had Pettitte signed then it would have meant no Kuroda.

I don't know if Cashman would have wanted a rotation of....

Sabathia
Nova
Pettitte
Garcia
Hughes

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
dano7 said:
BrewerSuperCollector said:
Pettitte is worse than Favre.

Not yet....it would take a few more retirements to put Pettitte in the running.
DANNY

Plus he would have to have an offseason with ESPN camped out on his front lawn....be traded to the Miami Marlins.... and sign with the Red Sox the following year.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
The Pineda deal would have gone down regardless. Pineida wasnt a trade for this year, he was a trade for the future. They may not have signed Kuroda though.

Frow

Yeah he really gave Will Smith a run for his money...:rolleyes:

smith1.gif

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Yeah he really gave Will Smith a run for his money...:rolleyes:

Here are his last two starts (excluding his first start)

15 IP
11 H
2 ER
2 BB
17 K
1.20 ERA

How many starts like those have the Red Sox (and the Yankees) had so far this year?

Add in his first start and his ERA jumps all the way up to 2.53!!! Oddly enough, all 6 Runs that Pettite has allowed so far have been via four HRs

EDIT: Also, I don't understand what effect Will Smith pitching had on the way Pettitte pitched.

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA

15 IP
11 H
2 ER
2 BB
17 K
1.20 ERA

How many starts like those have the Red Sox (and the Yankees) had so far this year?

Add in his first start and his ERA jumps all the way up to 2.53!!! Oddly enough, all 6 Runs that Pettite has allowed so far have been via four HRs

EDIT: Also, I don't understand what effect Will Smith pitching had on the way Pettitte pitched
It was a friggen joke, you are so uptight sometimes...Frow got it, obv. I guess I would be the same way if I was a Yankee fan this year.

So Pettitte beat the Reds and the Royals, and lost to the Mariners. Let's see what his ERA is at when he faces some tougher teams....

Frow

15 IP
11 H
2 ER
2 BB
17 K
1.20 ERA

EDIT: Also, I don't understand what effect Will Smith pitching had on the way Pettitte pitched.

It's kind of easy to throw strikes and take risks when you're going against someone who is 3-7 in 18 starts in AAA and has given your team a three run lead after the first inning. I think most pitchers would find their luck going against a 16-20, 19-19, and 17-25 to be pretty good.

Members online