Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees vs Sox ESPN thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Im not looking forward to this game too much as the Yanks have their best pitcher on the mound, the Sox have their worst and the game is in NY. At least Victor was finally moved from the 3 spot...

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Be glad Johnson, Swisher, Posada, and Granderson are all out.

That inning would have kept going and going and going.

I like 5 spots in the first inning!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
Given the Sox had to spend 51 MIL just to sign him is he the biggest bust ever?

Not even close. Just from a financial standpoint, he has brought WAY more than $51M of revenue from the Japanese market. From a performance perspective, while not being worth anywhere near the amount of $$ that he as signed to, he did go 18-3 two years ago.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Dice K was a big reason the Red Sox won a dang World Series title in 07!( He also had a clutch hit in the Series game he started against Colorado) He pitches a few clunkers here and there but Yankee fans seem to equate him with Igawa, now your talkin bust..

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
coltsnsox07 said:
Dice K was a big reason the Red Sox won a dang World Series title in 07!( He also had a clutch hit in the Series game he started against Colorado) He pitches a few clunkers here and there but Yankee fans seem to equate him with Igawa, now your talkin bust..

I guess you haven't seem him pitch the last few years have you?

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Yeah I can't deny he's really been hit or miss in his starts but he did his job in 07, but now I'm afraid of Lackey and his contract!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I wonder when Phil Hughes cards will resemble his talent level/performance... They should be about double what they are now.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Anthony K. said:
I'm late chiming in to this thread, but did anyone NOT predict Dice-K to get lit up?
I didn't. I thought this would have been a pitching duel.
1. The Yankees have a lot of hurt starters
2. I thought his last start would actually put him on the right track

(edited to fix spelling error)

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Anthony K. said:
I'm late chiming in to this thread, but did anyone NOT predict Dice-K to get lit up?

I did...As a Sox fan, I get a little queasy when his turn to pitch comes around.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Anthony K.":1ki25bi3]I'm late chiming in to this thread, but did anyone NOT predict Dice-K to get lit up?

I did...As a Sox fan, I get a little queasy when his turn to pitch comes around.[/quote:1ki25bi3]

+1. He's done pretty much what I thought would happen and what has happened with Japanese/Korean pitchers that come over. Good first season or two and then down hill.

As far as the biggest bust in relation to money spent? An emphatic no. I hope Carl Pavano isn't THAT far out of people's memories already.

Members online

Latest posts