Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your "totally undervalued" product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Is there a past product which you feel is totally undervalued, an issue which gets no love?

ive always like 1998 donruss collection (probably one of 5 who do) , especially the refractors (prized).

The lack of serial numbers hurts them even with the stated print runs. Either way, the refractors & base cards (reg & sp's) aren't mass produced & you don't even see then in discount bxs.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Just plain 'ol 1998 Donruss was great. As was 1998 Leaf!

Otherwise I like how the 2008 Topps/Topps Chrome design sticks out.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
2005 Fleer Authentix.

Apart from lackluster Ticket to the Majors autographs (yes, you have Verlander and Wright, but others aren't as great - plus, I had two sets of doubles in my four boxes), the set offers a chance at some great patches. I pulled four patches from four boxes (Mauer, Big Unit, Sosa Majestic logo, and a dual patch of Manny/Torii Hunter). The base set is small and relatively easy to complete as well.

My other choice would be 2005 Reflections for the autograph selection, but it is more well-received than Fleer Authentix.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
My choice is 2008 Heroes...

Reason being, it has a lot of big name players (past and present) with a lot of combo cards and different parallel levels. For a player collector, it's a nightmare, but 4-years after the product was released, it's cheap and fun to open. I love chasing the parallels. I just pulled a Kelly Johnson/399 earlier today, and another parallel/149 last week (can't remember who it is, semi-decent player)

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
1996 artifacts. some nice things can be pulled from a box and it seems like a slam dunk to at least make back the box price if you were to sell the hits when you get 4 hits in 10 packs.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
2001 Fleer Showcase

Nice base design
Avant Card

Showcase Sigs
images

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
2005 Fleer Authentix.

Apart from lackluster Ticket to the Majors autographs (yes, you have Verlander and Wright, but others aren't as great - plus, I had two sets of doubles in my four boxes), the set offers a chance at some great patches. I pulled four patches from four boxes (Mauer, Big Unit, Sosa Majestic logo, and a dual patch of Manny/Torii Hunter). The base set is small and relatively easy to complete as well.

My other choice would be 2005 Reflections for the autograph selection, but it is more well-received than Fleer Authentix.

It's hard to believe 2005 reflections was a bust at first and boxes were selling for $35 or thereabouts on the bay. I would buy every box I could get my hands on at those prices!

Tom

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
It's hard to believe 2005 reflections was a bust at first and boxes were selling for $35 or thereabouts on the bay. I would buy every box I could get my hands on at those prices!

Tom

My first box was around 55 or 60 from Dave and Adam's. Now they sell over $100.

Members online

Latest posts