Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Wow great PC pickups all around! I love George's Gibby WS Ball, Paul's TOTT Absolute, and Alex's Sweet Spot.

I'm almost embarrased to show my mailday. I think it's the ugliest certified auto in my PC. Told myself I'd only buy one if I found it under $10 - unfortunately I did.

udsp2012.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Paul
Great Pick-ups

George
Fantastic pick-ups too.

Alex s
Same goes to you great pick-ups. And really are there any cards left for you to get. :lol:

Scotty
Like Dave said patience it is most definitely worth it when it is all said and done.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow great PC pickups all around! I love George's Gibby WS Ball, Paul's TOTT Absolute, and Alex's Sweet Spot.

I'm almost embarrased to show my mailday. I think it's the ugliest certified auto in my PC. Told myself I'd only buy one if I found it under $10 - unfortunately I did.

udsp2012.jpg

I have one of those in Peter Tago.....the kid I hoarded his AFLAC auto's of :lol: Oh I even sent Taylor a Perkins auto too.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
the MT is full of card goodness today!! congrats to Alex and George on more sweet PC items

Brad your post made me laugh.. there are a handful of Canseco auto's in 12 SP and I will eventually pick at least 1 of them up but its going to have to be CHEAP because they just plain SUCK!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
the MT is full of card goodness today!! congrats to Alex and George on more sweet PC items

Brad your post made me laugh.. there are a handful of Canseco auto's in 12 SP and I will eventually pick at least 1 of them up but its going to have to be CHEAP because they just plain SUCK!

We all had to post and get our props, if we waited too much longer Tony would blow us out of the water.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
We all had to post and get our props, if we waited too much longer Tony would blow us out of the water.

I only posted those because people appreciate the rarity and/or the sets they are from.. I have added so many inserts and a few tougher ones at that recently but not MT post worthy at all.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I only posted those because people appreciate the rarity and/or the sets they are from.. I have added so many inserts and a few tougher ones at that recently but not MT post worthy at all.

I tip my hat to you on those, esp with the other PC guys against you.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I tip my hat to you on those, esp with the other PC guys against you.

The way it all happened made it seem like the stars all lined up perfectly that evening.. the story behind the cards is almost as cool as the cards themselves. I forgot to add to the beginning of the story that I agreed to buy 2 different 2011 Leaf Pop Century auto's that I didn't have that morning for $30.. just waiting for those to arrive which I think will be today. Obviously those don't hold any weight in my eyes they are just the completist in me picking them up on the cheap and throwing them in the box.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
About to board. Maybe by the time I get to the south the people XXXXXing in the mupflap thread will grow up, doubtful as it may be.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida

There is no such thing as a non-MT post worthy PC pick up. If you collect it, we apprecite your passion.:cool:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! Another full mug of coffee, another day full of work. I used Twitter for the first time over the last few days working with Topps Support on a redemption card I picked up for $115. It was a 2012 Topps Five Star Felix Hernandez/Jesus Montero dual patch autograph book card. When I scratched off the code and redeemed it, the site stated it was invalid. The guy that worked with me on Twitter was EXTREMELY prompt, and very nice. Logged in this morning and he had it all cleared up, so I went to redeem the card again and it worked like a charm :) VERY STOKED right now!!!

@ George_Calfas - Thanks for the address via PM. Those Gibby World Series GU ball cards are AWESOME!!!

@ Alexs64 - Beautiful pickups man!!! Thanks again for the info on redeeming yesterday as well :)

I will be mailing out MTSS on Monday as well.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008

I going to say something that I truly believe others in the MT will agree with....

There is no such thing as a card that ISN'T post worthy. It doesn't matter if its a base card that has been creased five times, if it means something to you and your collection, then by all means post it if you want to. When I get mail, and its a die cut card worth a dollar and an mid range HOF autograph, it does not cross my mind whether ANYONE deems them post worthy. This is your hobby, and for you to let others determine what is worthy, diminishes your pickups to an extent.

I will stop before the sermon gets to lengthy and I become the man that brevity forgot. My point is, you should be afforded the opportunity to enjoy the hobby to the fullest. We should all be so fortunate!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts