Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I going to say something that I truly believe others in the MT will agree with....

There is no such thing as a card that ISN'T post worthy. It doesn't matter if its a base card that has been creased five times, if it means something to you and your collection, then by all means post it if you want to. When I get mail, and its a die cut card worth a dollar and an mid range HOF autograph, it does not cross my mind whether ANYONE deems them post worthy. This is your hobby, and for you to let others determine what is worthy, diminishes your pickups to an extent.

I will stop before the sermon gets to lengthy and I become the man that brevity forgot. My point is, you should be afforded the opportunity to enjoy the hobby to the fullest. We should all be so fortunate!

;)

I agree that the MT crew just has a different view and overall appreciation of the hobby as a hobby. the reason I said that was I get alot of star sets/broders and lower end insert fillers so I could clutter up posts with those types of cards and its not really worth the time/effort. The cards are meaningful to my collection but I like to keep the posts to something that is more rare or eye appealing or is one of those speared white whale types. If anyone really wants to see what I've been picking up recently go to the "scans of my collection" page on my website and there is a "recent additions" clickable which will show you the most recent uploads to my site of all the other stuff I've been obtaining.

Last edited:

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning!

Some really nice additions to collections posted here today. Well done!

I just accepted an offer from a seller for a Red 1/1, prospect card. Thanks Dan for confirmation that even my prospect collection is MT worthy. I should be receiving some mail in the next few days from group breaks, including Boomo's massive shipment.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I going to say something that I truly believe others in the MT will agree with....

There is no such thing as a card that ISN'T post worthy. It doesn't matter if its a base card that has been creased five times, if it means something to you and your collection, then by all means post it if you want to. When I get mail, and its a die cut card worth a dollar and an mid range HOF autograph, it does not cross my mind whether ANYONE deems them post worthy. This is your hobby, and for you to let others determine what is worthy, diminishes your pickups to an extent.

I will stop before the sermon gets to lengthy and I become the man that brevity forgot. My point is, you should be afforded the opportunity to enjoy the hobby to the fullest. We should all be so fortunate!

;)

GREAT post! I totally agree. I love cards with stories behind them, and I love seeing everyone's pickups no matter how small. I'm not the kind of guy that responds to every post with a "great pickup" comment, but that doesn't mean I don't think it. Love this hobby since it has something for everyone. I can't collect it all, so it's nice to see passionate collectors get excited for their finds both big and small, and to share in that excitement vicariously.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So the guy that won my Andrew Luck card is at it again with a new id, as a seller sent me his new info..

I just wish that EBAY would do something about these clowns...

My bidder..

luck-buyer-1.JPG

His new id..

luck-buyer-2.JPG

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
the MT is full of card goodness today!! congrats to Alex and George on more sweet PC items

Brad your post made me laugh.. there are a handful of Canseco auto's in 12 SP and I will eventually pick at least 1 of them up but its going to have to be CHEAP because they just plain SUCK!

I hear ya. Grace has dual autos with Edgar Martinez and Luis Gonzalez, and a quad with Grace/Gonzalez/Schilling/Johnson. Hard to stomach the prices on those, given their aesthetic shortcomings. Debating my interest in this current eBay listing, as it's already at $150:

$T2eC16dHJHQE9nzEzslCBQt-Jk3nz!~~60_1.JPG

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Paul/Ralph - thats my whole point. Every card that you spend time acquiring, no matter how valuable or inexpensive, is worth posting. Any card that you are happy about having in your collection, regardless of value, is worthy of sharing.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I just posted this in the Super Sweet early 00's thread.. very tough find for whatever reason and the 2nd copy I've seen in 5 years. First one sold on Ebay for far more than I bought this on COMC for.. snagged for $8. I was in on the bidding on the Ebay one and got blown out of the water at over 4 times what I paid for this one.

2000 Bowman Chrome Retro/Future Refractor
JoseCansecoPC2000385.jpg

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I just posted this in the Super Sweet early 00's thread.. very tough find for whatever reason and the 2nd copy I've seen in 5 years. First one sold on Ebay for far more than I bought this on COMC for.. snagged for $8. I was in on the bidding on the Ebay one and got blown out of the water at over 4 times what I paid for this one.

2000 Bowman Chrome Retro/Future Refractor
JoseCansecoPC2000385.jpg

Nice card! We had a TV similar to that when I was a kid.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts