Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Bowmanchromeaddict, Stop being a baby.

The verbiage was clearly misleading and the owner of the company admitted that and stated he would be clearer in the future.

He sent more to the people that spend a lot on ALL releases, not just breakers that pick and choose. He didn't explain that clearly and has offered that he will not make that mistake again.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Bowmanchromeaddict, Stop being a baby.

The verbiage was clearly misleading and the owner of the company admitted that and stated he would be clearer in the future.

He sent more to the people that spend a lot on ALL releases, not just breakers that pick and choose. He didn't explain that clearly and has offered that he will not make that mistake again.

I have a feeling that the big boys who were initially shut out, they went to Brian crying about being left out, we by $*** from you for every product, we will stop supporting you, blah blah blah, so Brian caved in and gave them allocations that they should not have had, per the sell sheet. We all know that Brian loves to spin a story to fit his agenda, I have a feeling this is the case with his one post here, to basically say oooooops, I worded that wrong, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I promise to be clearer in the future. Just my theory...............

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Will someone please explain what the issue is? There's all these people acting like this is some great travesty and they got screwed but won't explain how. If the email were worded better and clearer what would have been different? How was anyone hurt or screwed by this? Would you not have bought your one case?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Will someone please explain what the issue is? There's all these people acting like this is some great travesty and they got screwed but won't explain how. If the email were worded better and clearer what would have been different? How was anyone hurt or screwed by this? Would you not have bought your one case?

Jim would have bought 30 cases, not one.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
They still would only be allowed to buy one. The email doesn't change that.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Seems that Left has artificially pumped up the pricing of this product on the secondary market by choosing to give certain retailers more product becuase they "spend more" on other products.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe Im wrong here, because I dont pay too much attention to how Brick and Mortar and Online Retailers differ.....

but........

Seems the big guys (topps, UD, panini?) support the small guys first (shops)

....whereas....

The small guy (leaf) is catering to the big online retailers.

Interesting (at least to me) if this is the case.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
I think people are failing to realize whether the email had been worded better and specifically stated that with the exception of a few large online retailers, everyone else can only purchase one case doesn't really change anything or affect them in anyway. They still could only buy one case and they would have bought that one case. That's why I can't understand what the fuss is about.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I think people are failing to realize whether the email had been worded better and specifically stated that with the exception of a few large online retailers, everyone else can only purchase one case doesn't really change anything or affect them in anyway. They still could only buy one case and they would have bought that one case. That's why I can't understand what the fuss is about.

Thats the problem though...
LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER NO EXCEPTIONS

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Maybe Im wrong here, because I dont pay too much attention to how Brick and Mortar and Online Retailers differ.....

but........

Seems the big guys (topps, UD, panini?) support the small guys first (shops)

....whereas....

The small guy (leaf) is catering to the big online retailers.

Interesting (at least to me) if this is the case.

Many shops are not willing to sink money into their products still. The shops that I know of do not want their money tied up in products that will not move for them.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
So I guess the real problem people have is that large companies who sell to tens of thousands of people were not treated the same as everyone including people who apparently don't own a store and maybe sell to 20 people or less? I mean I don't know for sure but don't all companies allocate a certain amount of a specific product based on the size of the account and prior purchases? I'm sure places like Blowout wish they could have bought more. Plus, when considering the amount they did get compared to the number of customers, they are much worse off then the people on this board.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am somewhat confused here......

Could someone explain to me how 'one case per customer' is not a blantent lie but rather something more akin to what some here are refering to simply being a poorly worded statment? Obviously I did not get the email so I will ask this for those who did, what am I missing here? Chris? BG? Anyone?

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
First the sell sheet that is made to the public does not make any mention of only one per customer, just that it won't be sold to distributors. What some guys are referring to is a specific email order form sent to specific individual accounts that state a one case per account will be strictly enforced. For those who received this email they were only allowed to purchase one case and it was probably strictly enforced. However the email does not mention or specifically state that other large online retailers may purchase more and they expected places like Blowout would also only be able to purchase one case. To me if I read an order form that is specifically sent to me and tells me I can only order one of something I don't automatically assume it applies to everyone in the world. I would think that if I received an order form a large corporation or retailer might receive a different order form with different terms. The thing I'm trying to understand is if even if the email specifically stated that it is only one per account except for some big online retailers what does it change? It is still the same print run, the same price, the same product, and they still can only buy one case. People are acting like there was some diabolical plot by Leaf or that they were screwed somehow and I just don't get it.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Is Mario's a razor rep? Or has he just decided this is his argument? I could have sworn the way things worked around here was you needed to be a customer to talk in these topics, so Mario how many boxes did you buy of this? Or does that logic only work one way? Or do you now need to be a large customer now to have an opinion?

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong, but the argument being presented seems to be as follows:

1) Regardless of the fact that you were lied to or misled, you were only going to be able to buy one case;
2) Regardless of the fact that you were lied to or misled, you were going to buy the case; and
3) Since you got what you would have gotten anyway, being lied to or misled didn't harm you at all, so quit complaining that you were lied to or misled.

Can people not understand that being lied to or misled is the problem, that it is no way to treat customers regardless of their size and that it could have implications as to people's desires to do business with the company in the future?

I think some people in this thread are being purposely obtuse.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you for the calls and emails.. We are always available to answer questions so you don't have to rely on rumor and conjecture. BG

Members online

Latest posts