Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
You realize how easy it is to spot a desert storm fake right?
That doesn't stop unsuspecting player collectors from buying fake Desert Storm cards every week on eBay. Not everyone is aware there are fakes or know how to spot them. There are probably several members on this board with Desert Storm fakes.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I suspect the technology has improved in 20 years.

Have you complained about all the other numerous buy-back products that are "easy" to fake/recreate, or are you only interested in this phenomena when it's Brian Gray who is involved? It seems most of the stuff you get on BG about are hobby staples that happen all the time and are done by almost every trading company ever.

I mean, Jesus, we have Topps "backdooring" more copies of 1/1 Superfractors, yet I don't see you putting up a huge stink like you do with BG in that thread.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I mean, Jesus, we have Topps "backdooring" more copies of 1/1 Superfractors, yet I don't see you putting up a huge stink like you do with BG in that thread.
Topps isn't backdooring them. The cards are either being stolen from the printing plant or someone is manufacturing them and passing them off as authentic.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
76483765.jpg

Anyone who'd pay any more than a few bucks for any of the non-auto'd buybacks is just this short of certifiable.

You know what they say, " a fool and his money are soon parted"...

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
A lot of people think anyone who spends any money on cardboard pictures is certifiable.

So what, no cares what they think.
Precisely. Nothing that we discuss has any intrinsic value whatsoever. It is socially constructed, all of it. So why shouldn't a red stamp make a card mor valuable? Makes as much sense as anything else that adds "value" to a baseball card.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Have you complained about all the other numerous buy-back products that are "easy" to fake/recreate, or are you only interested in this phenomena when it's Brian Gray who is involved? It seems most of the stuff you get on BG about are hobby staples that happen all the time and are done by almost every trading company ever.

I'm not putting up a "huge stink" in this thread, ********. The discussion was about faking the autos. I noted "No reason to fake the autos. Just add a few 1/1 or 3/5 foil stamps, add a stamp that says Leaf Memories, and boom, you've taken a $.25 card and made it a $300 card.

The technology was there to fake 1991 Topps Desert Storm cards 20 years ago. Certainly it's there to do this now."

Piss off.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I'm not putting up a "huge stink" in this thread, ********. The discussion was about faking the autos. I noted "No reason to fake the autos. Just add a few 1/1 or 3/5 foil stamps, add a stamp that says Leaf Memories, and boom, you've taken a $.25 card and made it a $300 card.

The technology was there to fake 1991 Topps Desert Storm cards 20 years ago. Certainly it's there to do this now."

Piss off.

Were Topps Desert Storm cards all individual serial #? With print runs no higher than 20.

Members online

Latest posts