Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giancarlo Stanton

Oct 26, 2012
NJ
oh boy, here we go, already trying to sell the card. don't forget he tried to claim the bob gibson for a second too. and that isnt even mentioning the crap he puts up after he takes something nice. to think i gave him my bench jersey for it to get sold.

Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Guys. Please, don't be greedy. This isn't a "I'll take it!" thread. This is a "pass it on" thread. If you've taken and passed on - try to leave it open for people who haven't participated, yet.

"The following card is FREE to whoever wants it. Simply say I'll take it in the thread." - Direct quote from the OP

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
My comment was to make sure others got the chance to PC some items. If this guy is gifting or selling then this takes directly away from what this thread was trying to accomplish. PERIOD.

A_Pharis

In all fairness. Kevin neglected to share here what he shares everywhere else that he posts (under this same name and other variations). He's a member of and a supporter of a group for people with mental disabilities. He seems to talk about it everywhere, and he often says that he gives stuff away to them... meanwhile - his name turns up in many many many low end trade threads peddling stuff that most people would see as freebies. What he does with the money he makes, I dunno. What he does with the cards he's given, I dunno. What I do know is that he was advertising a photobucket account as a place to see items for sale before putting them in his "web store" - and had added the scan of the Robinson jersey to that photobucket album.
I was asking him more so that he could give some sort of explanation why. Instead of giving any sort of information about himself - either public or by PMing me - he's apparently now told PadresFan that's he's left. I'm sorry he feels that way, but it's difficult for me to side with someone who only comes to the forum to sell sketchy items and trying to "trade up" in a Pay it Forward thread.

I would praise him for what he does for those less fortunate, but it seems like the only time he doesn't have a camera available is when he's doing these charity giveaways.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think a 1-claim-per-month policy would be a very moderate restriction on the PIF thread that will help prevent folks from claiming too often and help bring more people into the thread.

A_Pharis

I think that really falls under the "Use your common sense" clause. I have no problem with someone claiming a lot - as long as they are making some kind of attempt to put something up that they would PC themselves. Kevin (just because he's the topic of conversation) has yet to put up anything that he hasn't already tried to sell elsewhere.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
A one claim per month rule would slow it down to much.

Pharis, might as well erase Kevin's post claiming the Robinson so somebody else can.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I haven't claimed a card yet but also haven't seen one I would PC or felt right taking because I knew someone else would PC it better than me... with that said, I think the 1 card a month rule would slow it down...

As long as quality cards are being posted, shouldn't matter... I also like how people replace their cards after a week or whatever if they aren't being taken

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think the original intent was noble but I dont see why some of you are so surprised it has basically turned into a rolling trade thread.

I also dont see why if you know someone who could use a card that you have, why not just pm the guy directly and tell that person they have a card they might be able to use.

To me, it just seems like attention/karma ******* by posting stuff like "I have X. I think @user could use it. Hopefully they claim it!"

Various forums that i'm on have limits before people can start receiving freebies to stop situations like this. They go by time on the boards, not post count. I think that would help weed out potential noobs who use people's generosity here to profit.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
32767735.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Definitely some nice patches up right now. If no one claims soon, I will be forced to claim one for my PC. Going to wait though, since i already claimed one.

Members online

Latest posts