Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

These came in the store so I bought them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 30, 2010
None of that matters. All that matters is can I make money off the buy while maintaining my integrity.

I understand and have no problem with that at all.........The reason I didn't buy is that guy is I caught him in lies, so I didn't trust him. BTW are these recent sample cards in Silver? They look black in the other sellers auctions?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I understand that the industry is shady, but I have these in hand and I know how these are supposed to look and what they were used for. They pass any test I can put them through.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I'm out of this one before it gets ugly. I was just expressing my educated opinion that these cards are not legit. I don't have time or energy for another FCB battle.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
These are similar to the Topps Gold Label cards that a seller has. I think they all have the wrong foil names and in the wrong places on the front. Just like the serial number on the back of the Killebrew. As low as some of these go I can see them showing up again later with nice patch pieces.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nope, and I never do. Its not my job or responsibility.

Get caught with them and see how that goes over....

In all honesty, as a collector I don't think I'd touch these. Most samples I've seen from Donruss actually include the GU swatch or bat or hat or whatever. Not saying this isn't legit or that they weren't derived from Donruss but the fact I'm not sure what to think and that the guy is not necessarily forthcoming about where he got them from is not good juju...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Get caught with them and see how that goes over....

In all honesty, as a collector I don't think I'd touch these. Most samples I've seen from Donruss actually include the GU swatch or bat or hat or whatever. Not saying this isn't legit or that they weren't derived from Donruss but the fact I'm not sure what to think and that the guy is not necessarily forthcoming about where he got them from is not good juju...

That isnt how that law works. You have to know within reason that the items are stolen.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
One thing I noticed from the ones the guy has listed, and from the Champions set you auctioned off not too long ago, is that the cards with the pixelated sample on them are all from 2005. Not that it says anything, but if they were "faking" these why limit it to just one year.

Members online