Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Yep if anybody has a red crusade for $4000, give me a ring, Steve B

not too many out there that have one of them there cards..... hehe
Sep 29 2007
You are bidding on a rare 1998 Donruss Crusade Red Ken Griffey Jr. Numbered Parallel Card. The card is individually numbered 22 out of 25 on the back. It is card #39 out of the 100 player set and features a red and yellow refractor like front to the card. Donruss made 3 different types of Crusade Inserts back in 1998: the normal green, the purple, and the impossible to find red. Beckett Magazine has a $N/A book value for the card because it is too scarce to price. I have never seen one of these listed on eBay since I’ve been a member. These cards are VERY SCARCE and impossible to find now since they are either locked up in personal collections or still sitting in boxes that will never be opened. These cards are at the top of most player collectors want lists and while its #D to 25 the cards turn up as often as cards #D to 1/1. The card pictures Ken Griffey Jr on the Seattle Mariners. The card is in mint condition except for a very small mark near the 3rd “x” on the back of the card right before the Donruss logo. Where it looks like the glossy layer bubbled up during production of the card. It isn’t noticeable and is very small. Any lines are on the scanner and are NOT on the card. Card will be shipped in a penny sleeve and a top loader inside a team bag and will be mailed in a bubble mailer. Card comes from a smoke free home and a pet free home. If you have any questions please ask before the auction ends. Shipping and handling is $3.00 for a bubble mailer. Insurance is extra and optional. I only accept US money orders as payment.
GriffeyCrusadeRed.jpg

GriffeyCrusadeRed2.jpg

Last edited:

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
^^ Wish that card didn't have a picture of Griffey fouling a ball into left field bleachers/popping out to short stop.

It's a beautiful card and would love it in my PC but every time I see the red, or it's variations I cringe at that Griffey swing.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Wife just picked up Griffey's rookie card yesterday, I don't really need it so I plan on selling it for $250, PM me if your interested.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1369787178.986275.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
^^ Wish that card didn't have a picture of Griffey fouling a ball into left field bleachers/popping out to short stop.

It's a beautiful card and would love it in my PC but every time I see the red, or it's variations I cringe at that Griffey swing.

Kinda like the 96 Certified Rickey....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Not at all - see post above, you're a bit off with your valuation is all. Maybe you should send it to PSA for grading. A gem mint 10 will get u to your asking price. Either way, having a Griffey rookie is always a good thing.

I agree, that was my plan, unless I found a potential buyer

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Then I say good luck to you sir! Just temper your expectations if you plan to sell it ungraded. It looks to be nicely centered, even so, I doubt you'd get more than $25-30 for it. If its gem, grade that baby and ring the register.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Then I say good luck to you sir! Just temper your expectations if you plan to sell it ungraded. It looks to be nicely centered, even so, I doubt you'd get more than $25-30 for it. If its gem, grade that baby and ring the register.

Appreciate the advice, thanks

dusty_dd3

Mar 3, 2013
I did and that prompted me to post in this thread to see who else was into these! Magic there are 6 variations for the '95 TSC Reed card. There's the regular issue, 1st day, reg w/MO stamp, virtual reality, virtual reality w/MO stamp and the WS stamp you found.

I can't upload photo's but a few more Griffey cameo's I have are

1991 UD Ken Griffey Sr #572
1991 UD Greg Briley #479 (Griffey in the photo on the back of the card)
1996 Score Jay Buhner

I'm certain you probobly know of all of those already though. Does anyone else have any more Cameo's? I think it is a pretty interesting sub catagory to collect.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

like this one better?

( This one is spoken for... when its time)

dschol87

May 22, 2013
North Carolina
Hey, just joined FCB. I'm sure I already know a few of you guys. Awesome thread! I've come across it many times while googling cards I'll never own lol. Glad to be a part of the forum! Always nice to meet other Griffey collectors!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Hey, just joined FCB. I'm sure I already know a few of you guys. Awesome thread! I've come across it many times while googling cards I'll never own lol. Glad to be a part of the forum! Always nice to meet other Griffey collectors!

Welcome to FCB - always nice when I recognize some of my formerly owned cards in someone else's bucket. Makes me nostalgic...and a little sad :)

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Welcome! I bought a few Griffey autos from you on BO a while back. Glad you made it over here!

Dustan

Members online