Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November Arrivals 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This was apparently a redemption. Hakeem and D. Robinson dual auto. Have only seen a few. I was hoping it was not attached to the backing, but it seems to be. i guess i'll just leave it as is. It fits in a 2 pocket page perfectly.Robinson Hakeem.jpg

Odom and Perez Autos /5. T Perez 5.jpgOdom 5.jpg
photo and PC from Bob Feller appearance at Pacific Trading Cards in 1984Feller.jpgFeller 2.jpg

1977 & 1982 Mariner team photo SGAsMariners Team 77 82.jpg
93 Select Yaz dufex TC card. 3 card set with F. Robby and Mantle.Yaz TC.jpg
Neal Lomax and Tiny Archibald Lomax.jpgArchibald.jpg

I was not planning to buy this, but I reached out to Michael Cramer (Pacific Trading Cards owner) who produced the set and asked him about why the girl was on the sheet. He said that the printer did it on their own and that he was not happy about it. These were made to be distributed in bags of popcorn at the Rainier games, but he was going to give each player in the set an uncut sheet, but the printer ruined that idea with the topless girl. Makes me wonder if there were different girls were on the sheet or just the one you see here. After hearing the story, I had to own a sheet, despite there being no name players shown. It may be somewhat scarce as well, in general.
Rainiers Sheet.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Forgot this one. There is something to be said about sending TTM and getting what you want signed (especially vintage cards), but for $15 + S/H, I don't mind buying these new certified autos. I understand Cepeda is very fan friendly for TTM now, but his fee is around $30 if I recall correctly.

s-l500.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I've been busy and let the cards pile up again.

112623-1.jpg
First a couple for my Xavier Nady collection, including a 2003 Mirror Black 1/1.

112623-2.jpg
Some autographs...the 2003 Rollie has a crack in the case but the price was right. I had been holding out for a 2001 Fleer Showcase Sweet Sigs Wall Tejada with an orange background so the autograph stands out better, but I could never find one for a good price so I finally said screw it. If anything the autograph is even harder to see in hand than it is in the pic.

112623-3.jpg
An interesting one, a 1993 Topps Gold Todd Van Poppel without the gold foil. The 1992 versions look way better but this is still neat.

112623-4.jpg
Some pickups to work my way towards team sets. Giambi and Grieve actually complete the 1999 Pacific Invincible Red 5-card team set.

112623-5.jpg
More recent stuff. It would have been nice if Topps has put Hudson, Mulder, and Zito in the same autograph set at least in 2023 Tier One.

112623-6.jpg
Some team set completers: 2000 Pacific Gold/199, 2002 Fleer Tradition Glossy/200 (still need David Justice for the Update set), and 2015 & 2016 Stadium Club Gold.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Yesterday's mail:

I was looking through partial rainbows and realized I didn't have the 2023 Topps Series 1 base card for Helsley of all things. It and the Hobby Foilboard /426 (pics don't do these justice) finish it up other than the 1/1 Platinum.
2023 Topps Front.jpg2023 Topps Hobby Foilboard Front.jpg

Random Bagwell pickup: 2001 Donruss Elite Aspirations /95 - These are so freaking shiny.
2001 Donruss Elite Aspirations.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
T Brown /10. T Brown 10.jpg

1979 Penn Emblems Joe Morgan - This was the last straw with Standard Trading Card packages. Showed delivered Friday. When it didn't show Saturday, I figured it was lost. I know some take longer, but most of the time those that take longer don't show delivered already. I hate that these can go lost and everyone just tosses their hands up and says, "Not my fault" and the buyer is screwed at that point! Anyone worth more than a few bucks and easily replaceable can go this way. Anything low serial numbered or otherwise irreplaceable, regardless of the cost is just not worth the headache and risk!

New players have all but dried up. I still need 19 more, a Rose variation and an upgrade to my Ryan. That is about 20% of the set, so I have no fantasies that I'll ever finish this one.

Morgan Penn.jpg

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I am not looking for any of them specifically now that I have a couple, but if one of the baseball or basketball players shows up at a nice price, I'll try for them.

I think I saw that SP card. Someone was asking somewhere around $400 for it. I'll never understand some of the thought processes that go into this hobby. Set collector OCD is about the only way I see anyone paying anywhere close to $400 for that card, and even then, why? To each their own and I guess we all collect cards with someone or something on them and we all value them a little differently. I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't consider spending more than $10-20 on any Steve Garvey card ever made, regardless of what it might be.
He finally lowered the price where I would accept. So now I'm just down to one auto. :)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
A couple High C posters, but a little more beat up than I like, but they are a bit scarce. View attachment 351986View attachment 351987

This card is oddly tough. Makes me wonder if he refused to sign them for a time. Finally landed one and it went for more than a Klesko auto should. I gave up on trying to complete the trophy run, as people seem to get other cards signed more so than base Topps these days, and every new player is now the next Hank Cobb Ruth, at least that is what the price would have you believe!
View attachment 351988

Guy /10 I guess you could say he is under appreciated. Deceased now and still the only punter in the NFL HOF.
View attachment 351989

Spencer Haywood.
View attachment 351990

Would normally show this type of thing in the Dodger thread, but these are not autographs and I have too many images to load anyway. I have been trying to win the 2 different lots of Garvey permagraphics, but weirdly, they keep selling for way more than I would have guessed. Seriously, WTF is up with the odd Garvey auctions lately? I know he is finally trying to make his political ambitions a reality, but otherwise it's just strange. Finally decided to try Oliver and won both lots in my first try. Not ever sure why, other than it's a disease! About 100 of each in the two lots.

View attachment 351991View attachment 351992
Someone found a massive pile of Perma-Graphics. I picked up a bunch of Dawsons

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Someone found a massive pile of Perma-Graphics. I picked up a bunch of Dawsons
It was New England Sports Cards where I got my lots. I think i heard they may be connected with 4 Sharp Corners, like they sell the stuff that isn't grade worthy.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The oddball non-player cards coming out in Archives seems to be slipping. I am not even sure why I bought this one. Not having a lot of luck with Archives in general this year. The ones I want are selling for more than I am willing to pay. I'll wait for the product to cool and maybe I can grab a few of the lesser players and I still try to grab the /25 versions. tHIS ONE IS /50. Keith Law.jpg

Also got this Vick redemption. Vick Redemption.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Last Nov mail day...heading into December!
Fingers/5. Fingers 5.jpg
Robby completes the 3 card set, but I am almost certain this is the 2nd time I did this 3 card set. F Robby TC.jpg

Krause /25. Krause 25.jpg

This was the 2nd Stabler I saw being sold as a 2004 Buyback Topps Archives Fan Favorites autograph. There is a Topps sticker on back, but no foils, stamps, numbering, etc. This was back when they didn't really do much to help you ID those special and hard to pull buybacks too. I want to believe it's legit. The other one I missed was his 1976 Topps card. 78 has a little more meaning to me, being my first year as a collector. it's not as cool of a shot as the 76, or the super cool 1977, but still a decent card.stabler.jpg

Members online

Latest posts