Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, but if that's all, and it's a card numbered to /72, everyone can have their cake and eat it too. Some of this doesn't make sense. Maybe Clark is the Jordan of baseball cards. At least Jordan makes more sense.

In any case, I really do feel for you Clark collectors. But honestly I think some of these guys will run out of steam whereas you guys have been at this for years and will most likely weather the storm.

Yeah, I'll wait it out. This one looks a lot like the Red a few posts ago. Jason (not sure he's on here) sets a snipe like no one else would dare go this high on something like this, and Michael says wanna bet, I'll overpay like crazy. Again, back either Jason or Michael out of the Red it's $3, back one of em out of this it's $25.

Ryan

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Basically, I agree with what Ryan has said. The "market" if I even dare to call it that, all hinges on 1 hard core collector. Something sells high if any of a good handful of us are willing to bid against him or bid it up, but we are all just fooling each other in to thinking we have a legitimate shot at it. One guy is basically winning them all. Take that 1 bidder away from the Clark "market" everything changes. Yes, he would still sell well, would still have a loyal following, but this market has taken away a lot of the great, dedicated, awesome Will Clark collectors too. I know I'm partially to blame for some of the craziness, but usually, I don't even bother bidding or if anything, just place a bid so I can watch the listing. At times, I'm a little jealous, but I'm very proud of my Clark collection, as small as it is compared to others, have worked it fairly strong for over 20 years of my life and very very thankful I knocked out a good portion of the 90's rarities well before the price spiked.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Basically, I agree with what Ryan has said. The "market" if I even dare to call it that, all hinges on 1 hard core collector. Something sells high if any of a good handful of us are willing to bid against him or bid it up, but we are all just fooling each other in to thinking we have a legitimate shot at it. One guy is basically winning them all. Take that 1 bidder away from the Clark "market" everything changes. Yes, he would still sell well, would still have a loyal following, but this market has taken away a lot of the great, dedicated, awesome Will Clark collectors too. I know I'm partially to blame for some of the craziness, but usually, I don't even bother bidding or if anything, just place a bid so I can watch the listing. At times, I'm a little jealous, but I'm very proud of my Clark collection, as small as it is compared to others, have worked it fairly strong for over 20 years of my life and very very thankful I knocked out a good portion of the 90's rarities well before the price spiked.
Then it is time to sell!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Finally found this beauty for a reasonable price:

1998UpperDeckClearlyDominant.jpg

And I too picked one up from Magic, Cheers Mike!

1997PinnacleFanFestPlayingCard.jpg

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Hey guys, I'm new to FCB but have been a long time collector and eBay user(I signed up on my 18th birthday!). Magicpapa got in contact with me on another forum (thanks for the Fanfest playing card Michael!). I've been collecting Barry Bonds almost exclusively since 1998. It was only natural for me to love the 90s cards given I was a teen then and have fond memories of busting packs. I was instantly drawn to this thread as well as the 2000's thread. I've been spending a lot of my time admiring all the amazing cards! I've attached a few scans of random 90s from my PC. I look forward to networking with many of you. I'm glad to know there are so many other obsessive player collectors out there! LOL I apologize the scans are not the most orderly! img007.jpgimg008.jpgimg010.jpg

AK11

May 24, 2010
Is any player collectors here fortunate enough to own the Pennant Fever Coppers /20 from 1998 or 1999? It has to be one of the toughies from the 90s for sure.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
BBCgalaxee it's a redeemed 1995 Score Gold Rush. It has the pinnacle logo stamped indicating a redemption for the platinum set. I became aware of this card because of this thread. I've seen a few other player examples on here.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Also, from another seller, "you now who", I picked up these sweet cards! Garbage, trash, cut up sheets, whatever, these are WAY more sweet than "paper proofs" farce:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Also, from another seller, "you now who", I picked up these sweet cards! Garbage, trash, cut up sheets, whatever, these are WAY more sweet than "paper proofs" farce:

Hopefully you didn't pay the $100 asking price that I saw for the Bagwells....though I never looked to see what else he had and the price ranges.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys, I'm new to FCB but have been a long time collector and eBay user(I signed up on my 18th birthday!). Magicpapa got in contact with me on another forum (thanks for the Fanfest playing card Michael!). I've been collecting Barry Bonds almost exclusively since 1998. It was only natural for me to love the 90s cards given I was a teen then and have fond memories of busting packs. I was instantly drawn to this thread as well as the 2000's thread. I've been spending a lot of my time admiring all the amazing cards! I've attached a few scans of random 90s from my PC. I look forward to networking with many of you. I'm glad to know there are so many other obsessive player collectors out there! LOL I apologize the scans are not the most orderly! View attachment 17927View attachment 17928View attachment 17929

Glad to see ya made it over, this is a Great Place ;) yes thoses Gold Rush Redeems are Tuff
theres another Bonds Collector here too @SilverandBlack maybe you's can help one another

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts