Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
i-TNzg3dd-M.jpg
i-xHbwDvZ-M.jpg

Finally scanned the 98.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sorry I missed it! Earlier this year that georgegorillajr guy kept listing the Rolen. Each week it didn't sell he would lower the price. I was waiting for it to hit a certain number when the next thing I knew he cut it in half :lol:

PM me with a number if it's for sale! I need to request a shipment at COMC anyway so I can send rinkrat his Fullmer Diffractor.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Sorry I missed it! Earlier this year that georgegorillajr guy kept listing the Rolen. Each week it didn't sell he would lower the price. I was waiting for it to hit a certain number when the next thing I knew he cut it in half :lol:

PM me with a number if it's for sale! I need to request a shipment at COMC anyway so I can send rinkrat his Fullmer Diffractor.

yeah that guy is an idiot. he would have multiples of a card and destroy one to make the others more rare. :confused:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Speaking of Prism Reds I got this in the mail yesterday:

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture17730-barry-bonds-prism-red.jpg

And here's another attempt at scanning a Prized Collections card. Still can't quite capture that beautiful refractor-like glow.

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture17729-greg-maddux-cc-prized.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
There use to be that member Padsfan or whatever. Not sure if he is on here any more or if he got booted or what but I know he LOVED him some Caminiti.

Dang, I picked up a 1997 Fanfest Ken Caminiti, didnt know he was 86ed

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
W... T... F?

Makes me want to look through all my stuff and make sure I'm not overlooking a Will Clark insert lol

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Yeah the Clark stuff is getting straight dumb. I wouldn't pay anywhere close to that for a Jeter, Ripken, and Griffey combined. My bagwell was like $8 and some change? I feel bad for you normal Clark collectors who live in reality and spend like it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah the Clark stuff is getting straight dumb. I wouldn't pay anywhere close to that for a Jeter, Ripken, and Griffey combined. My bagwell was like $8 and some change? I feel bad for you normal Clark collectors who live in reality and spend like it.

I once lived in the reality of being one of the high spenders for his stuff. This new reality is just wasting $. I totally understand wanting something, but this is just silly. I paid $3-20 on this stuff that has been selling in the $55-500 range now. It's nuts, I'll wait it out

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So just how many clark collectors are driving the market?

In all honesty it's basically one.. Some cards end up where they are as the other interested parting sets a snipe thinking no way someone would dare put a snipe higher than this, then bam he does and the ending price is ridiculous. I base that off taking a look over the last 8 months or so of bidding, you subtract out the number two bidder (who is usually different in a lot of them) and then the price would have fallen drastically, sometimes 75% if MD had not set his snipe at a million dollars (meaning whatever it is its high enough he isn't going to lose).

Hey more power to him if he just has unlimited funds, I'm sure it would be fun. But it's almost comical and so fared skewed that the prices are actually being paid. Others can differ, but it's really weird n my mind

** I mean 1 who is setting those prices, 4/5 Supercollectors
Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No idea, probably 3 or 4 major ones at least.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Yeah, but if that's all, and it's a card numbered to /72, everyone can have their cake and eat it too. Some of this doesn't make sense. Maybe Clark is the Jordan of baseball cards. At least Jordan makes more sense.

In any case, I really do feel for you Clark collectors. But honestly I think some of these guys will run out of steam whereas you guys have been at this for years and will most likely weather the storm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts