Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**************** Saturday Morning Thread *********** 6 22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I have had three redemptions in with Topps for over a year. They are all crap-ola players, so, at this point, I am just hoping for equal value replacements (crap=crap) so I can be done with the Topps redemption merry-go-round.

In my email to them, I felt I was being pretty helpful in that I just asked for three cards with ink on them from any player, any sport, any era. Of course, no response to any emails.

I am with those of us who, from now on, will just sell off redemption cards, ESPECIALLY if it is a high-end pull. I would have to guess now that the chances of actually getting the card promised can't be anywhere close to what it would take to inspire confidence in the process. Over the years, I would say that I have probably pulled about 15-20 Topps redemptions. Of those, a whopping 6 have been fulfilled with the stated card.

Yes, Topps sucks.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
About 2000 - 3000 on weekends several hundred on week nights . This area has over 10% unemployed , cost $3.00 park and $7.00 tickets . At least 100 regulars at all games . Win or lose same people just follow baseball . We started as White Sox then Pirates last couple years Rangers . I can walk around and tell who is not regular and will speak to those LOL .
Of all the home runs hit this year by our team my son and I have about 25 SIGNED - no snakes seen yet but blackberries not ripe yet and weeds on bank hide some monster home runs , ground hogs seen often . Son got one HR ball last night . On weeknights when hitter is up we go out the gate . I get about five autos a game average AFTER the kids , i'll call players to sign for small kids - even other teams sign well .

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
'ello

Weather has been insane. A tornado was confirmed close to home. Up here, they got unbelievable rain. It pooled up in many places and raised the Mississippi significantly.

Seems to be all done for now though.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Morning everyone.
Sunny skies are out. Large parts of the city are still evacuated, including the downtown core.

The Saddledome where the Flames play is flooded from the ice level to the first luxury boxes about 20 rows up. The jumbotron control room, locker rooms and so much memorabilia is gone.

From USA TODAY

Deadly floods force 75K from Calgary homes

Floodwaters that devastated much of southern Alberta left at least three people dead.

http://usat.ly/16npYPP

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Morning everyone.
Sunny skies are out. Large parts of the city are still evacuated, including the downtown core.

The Saddledome where the Flames play is flooded from the ice level to the first luxury boxes about 20 rows up. The jumbotron control room, locker rooms and so much memorabilia is gone.

From USA TODAY

Deadly floods force 75K from Calgary homes

Floodwaters that devastated much of southern Alberta left at least three people dead.

http://usat.ly/16npYPP

This has been so sad to follow Jesse :( I'm glad you and CL are safe, but I wish the best for everyone you may know that was affected greatly.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
This has been so sad to follow Jesse :( I'm glad you and CL are safe, but I wish the best for everyone you may know that was affected greatly.

I may know 1 person affected by the flooding, but our entire parks depot is underwater. They moved the trucks, but I'm sure we lost everything else, anything and everything landscaping and heavy duty mower related.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Got to have lunch with a friend that I had not seen in a long time! Work a few hours later this evening, but that is no sweat! Off tomorrow!!!!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
There is a /5 josh Johnson for our Amish

Two cards I'm interested in from this particular person. Hopefully a deal can be made. Just got the JJ /5 in a week or so back, but, as you can tell from my collecting habits, I do enjoy dupes :p

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just got done taking out some branches at my grandparents. My uncle and I filled the entire dumpster with branches from 2 trees and some lilac bushes

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
How is everyone's day?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371932875.001235.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371932875.001235.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 23
  • ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371932886.297581.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371932886.297581.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371932898.629841.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371932898.629841.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Tha Jays won their 10th straight today, putting them 1 game over .500. Only 4.5 games back in the Wild Card race, and 6.5 in the AL East!!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Tha Jays won their 10th straight today, putting them 1 game over .500. Only 4.5 games back in the Wild Card race, and 6.5 in the AL East!!

Joey Bats decided it!

It's so neat to check the columns in the standings that indicate last ten games (10-0) and streak (W10). Have now kind of moved out of the cellar, tied with TB for 4th.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online