Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I dig Pacific Net Fusion cards. Anyone else?

vlad99PACIFICCROWNITC.jpg
vlad99REVOLUTIONFPNF.jpg

vlad00PACIFICCROWNITC.jpg
vlad00REVOLUTIONFPNF.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Those Ultimate Victory parallel 1/1 are awesome. I love the gold / orange-ish borders.

Among 90s 1/1s, that card and the UD Century Legends Century MVP 1/1 are high on my list of Pedro and Piazza cards I would love to find (and own) some day :)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1996 series 2 gold's are very tuff to find. No clue as to why. Took me 14 years to find the Rangers team card with Juan on it. I know have 2.

juan_picture.php

I found a Gold Bagwell TC in a dealer's 60/$5 box at a show tonight. Also picked up a whole bunch of other Collector's Choice Golds, and a ton of Score APs. It took two hours of digging through 4 or 5 poorly sorted 5K boxes, but it was worth the effort (also found a 2006 Topps WalMart Livan Hernandez S2, but that's not for this thread!).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

It looks like maybe this is an error by Beckett. I see where Beckett is saying only the first 20 are die cut, but perhaps it was supposed to be /200?

Check out this listing of a Clemens - it's serial numbered 132 or something like that. Or maybe the Clemens is doctored?

Roger Clemens 1998 Leaf Extreme Measures Die Cut | eBay

Not trying to show anybody up if I'm right - just want to be clear so I/we don't go buying cards thinking they are ultra rare. Thanks, Beckett!!! :mrgreen:

Can anyone provide clarification? Maybe the box/wrappers of 98 Leaf R&S in the super mega 90's box break will say.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I'm pretty sure the die-cuts had a print run based on a stat. ie- the Griffey is #/56 based on 56 HR I believe.
It looks like maybe this is an error by Beckett. I see where Beckett is saying only the first 20 are die cut, but perhaps it was supposed to be /200?

Check out this listing of a Clemens - it's serial numbered 132 or something like that. Or maybe the Clemens is doctored?

Not trying to show anybody up if I'm right - just want to be clear so I/we don't go buying cards thinking they are ultra rare. Thanks, Beckett!!! :mrgreen:

Can anyone provide clarification? Maybe the box/wrappers of 98 Leaf R&S in the super mega 90's box break will say.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
That's exactly where I expect those cards to be found. I finally tracked down a Bonds TC Gold last month. Been collecting him since 98. The average seller/collector doesn't understand how difficult those cards are! I'm not sure if they're short printed or what, but just about any other player collector I talk to has a difficult time finding their player as well. Congrats on the finds!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL

292 Clemens die cuts

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado

Checklist print run info. here:

Search Results | Beckett.com

Only card rarer than the Maddux is the Garciaparra /11.

If I remember these cards correctly they are out of /1000, with some die cut in the X, then the rest a normal card.

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1998%20leaf%20extreme%20measures&tmm=extended

Members online

Latest posts