Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-----Snowy Sunday Morning Thread-----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Afternoon all, on the way right to drop off our son to his dorm. Tomorrow is his first day as a college freshman, 2 kids down, 1 more to go!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
George, it's been really cold here. 3 days of above 32 degrees since November, it's -6 degrees right now.

I had a friend pass away in a car accident on Wednesday, she lost control of her car and was hit by a snowplow. Bizarre for sure. Her boyfriend is one of my best friends for years, and also a fellow Journeyman Wireman. He was my apprentice when he started. Alex met him last spring when we got together to play golf on my last trip to Phoenix. I've had the wind taken from me all week. My friend has to pick up his girlfriend's mother and sister at the Iron Mountain airport tonight, and then to make the arrangements Monday. Services will be held in Reedsburg, WI, near Wisconsin Dells. This is just so sad, Kristine just started working at the Iron Mountain hospital as a registered dietitian.

Thoughts and prayers with your family and her's.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ralph - sad news indeed. Prayers for you and family.

Otherwise, good morning. No snow here :)

Goin to work in a little less than an hour. If anyone needs me to look up any car parts, lemme know.

Dustin, how was Houston?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Good Morning Everyone!

Ralph - That is horrible news man, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I don't remember which one he was because there were 2 foursomes that played that day but it doesn't matter everyone one of them were cool as hell. Please send my condolences, thoughts and prayers from AZ. Really sorry to hear man.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Just looked at post counts here and bmb. Have over 2800 here and almost 2300 there. Of course with them doing so many site changes I'm sure I'd be in the 12-15,000 range if stats didn't get reset all the time. Been a member there since 2002. I'm here 30x as much now days anyway.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

Goin to work in a little less than an hour. If anyone needs me to look up any car parts, lemme know.

Dustin, how was Houston?
Points, condenser, plug wires and plugs for a 1954 Desoto 276 hemi , Drums for a 1960 Desoto 11x2 brakes .

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Just looked at post counts here and bmb. Have over 2800 here and almost 2300 there. Of course with them doing so many site changes I'm sure I'd be in the 12-15,000 range if stats didn't get reset all the time. Been a member there since 2002. I'm here 30x as much now days anyway.

I visited the BMB this morning, for the first time since 2007. It's a dead zone over there.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Points, condenser, plug wires and plugs for a 1954 Desoto 276 hemi , Drums for a 1960 Desoto 11x2 brakes .

Why would you need those parts for this car?

fred_flintstone_car_11.2vpikqt313ggowskoccswg4s4.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

And by 11X2 brakes, do you mean Size 11 feet X's 2 feet?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I visited the BMB this morning, for the first time since 2007. It's a dead zone over there.

It is. The turn over for new and leaving members is ridiculous. Out of boredom I looked at the mods "check the addresses" thread. There must be 200 user names on the don't trade list and that was started 2 years ago. I can leave a page on the trades page and it's still in the top 2 pages 5 days later

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
It is. The turn over for new and leaving members is ridiculous. Out of boredom I looked at the mods "check the addresses" thread. There must be 200 user names on the don't trade list and that was started 2 years ago. I can leave a page on the trades page and it's still in the top 2 pages 5 days later

Sure do miss the good ol days over there. Best years in the hobby from 2002-2006.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Looks like I'll be missing class tomorrow now. We were an hour out of Sioux falls and had to turn around. Gusts of wind were getting up to 55 MPH then it started raining, eventually turning into snow. It was supposed to get even worse as we went with more snow and stronger winds. We decided not to risk it and turned around. We were having a hard time staying in our lane on the interstate.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Dustin, how was Houston?

Between parking and admission we spent $42 before even entering the door and lunch there was ridiculously expensive. For the amount of players they had signing autos the show was smaller than I had expected but I have not been to a real show since the 03 National, but it did take me about 6 hours to tour all the tables but I could have spent some more time digging through boxes since dealers do not like to organize their cards anymore. For being a Houston show I did not see a lot of Bagwell or Biggio stuff there, it was there but just not as much as I would have expected, probably more Cowboys and Texans cards than Astros. I didn't pick up much as far as Dawson. Almost every table I went to said someone came in on Friday and bought their Dawson stuff. Talked to a dealer that knows Dawson and buys autos from his son regularly, that was pretty cool. Now on to the good part. Being close to Louisiana most dealers brought their Saints cards and the show was far enough away from New Orleans that I picked up a lot of Drew Brees cards for great prices. We picked up 39 serial numbered Brees cards for $1 each, 10 non serial numbered refractors for $1 each, 8 jersey cards for $3 each, 9 rookie cards all for a good price and some for $1, a Drew Brees lego figure which I thought was over priced at $12 but he loves Drew Bress and legos so I got it for him, but I won't let him open it, his first graded card - a Beckett 9.5 Upper Deck Rookie which I think I got lower than market value, a handful of "cool" looking cards such as die cuts and clears and minis ect, a handful of extra commons that we picked up for a good price, and we managed to pick up two cameo cards, one of them serial numbered. We also saw a lot of other very nice Brees cards that are out of "his" price range as of now. If I was going solely for Dawson it would have been a disappointment but even with all the negatives of the show my son, my dad, and I had an awesome time finding Drew Brees cards to expand my son's collection and continue growing his collection knowledge.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Looks like I'll be missing class tomorrow now. We were an hour out of Sioux falls and had to turn around. Gusts of wind were getting up to 55 MPH then it started raining, eventually turning into snow. It was supposed to get even worse as we went with more snow and stronger winds. We decided not to risk it and turned around. We were having a hard time staying in our lane on the interstate.

Stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts