Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
bold is true, but the way I look at it, I ended up with the cards. I'm glad I was able to work out a deal with the FCB member that picked up the two Pedro Martinez cards I didn't get. Better they ended up initially with an FCB member than with some random collector I would never be able to find!

also, I remember there was a lot of confusion--people weren't really sure if these were real. So some of the FCB guys that snatched up the cards early probably took a bit of a leap of faith and gambled on them. Risk leads to reward!

That my initial delay is I wasn't sure they were legit and by the time I knew what was up, I think the green and/or purple was only left and I didn't want an incomplete set of them and then those we're bought shortly after I had the thought.

You're right though, better he got them and I could work with him than some random guy who either wanted to keep them or sell for $10k lol

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Since I had stepped away for a few years , anyone want to share what the prices were back during the COMC Crusade *** sale? What were they moving at?

Also on the ***/ ones how many copies exist of each ? How many prototypes if each ?

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Since I had stepped away for a few years , anyone want to share what the prices were back during the COMC Crusade *** sale? What were they moving at?

Also on the ***/ ones how many copies exist of each ? How many prototypes if each ?

Ryan

Every card was listed at the same price, ie all reds were $x and all greens were $x, etc. Also set to auto accept 50% offers, so it was a freaking fire sale when that hit the thread. I forget what the prices were because I was late to the party. A few select people just bought them up it seemed like and flipped the prices ASAP.

I want to say you could of got any trio for under $100 easy. Like $50 maybe. It was an arms race.

---

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
i've seen the green prototype and it has no serial number if i remember correctly. I do not recall the card number

from what i heard from an expert Henderson didn't have any exec proofs, just the single green prototype (not even purple or red).

Any idea what the numbering would be? Blank?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
this sounds right. I think most of the cards regardless of color were listed at $100 each but the seller (dalsubfan?) was accepting deep discounts.

Every card was listed at the same price, ie all reds were $x and all greens were $x, etc. Also set to auto accept 50% offers, so it was a freaking fire sale when that hit the thread. I forget what the prices were because I was late to the party. A few select people just bought them up it seemed like and flipped the prices ASAP.

I want to say you could of got any trio for under $100 easy. Like $50 maybe. It was an arms race.

---

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
i've seen the green prototype and it has no serial number if i remember correctly. I do not recall the card number

from what i heard from an expert Henderson didn't have any exec proofs, just the single green prototype (not even purple or red).

Well that's some good news. I know the guy who has it. If I ever get a Chong, this will be next up.

This notice is required by law.

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
Here's what I've been able to snag of Cruz over the years:

CruzCrusade.jpg

I believe the Executive Samples were $90 for Red, $60 for Purple and $40 for Green when they hit COMC. I paid about double for them afterwards since I missed out on the initial insanity.

From what I've read, the Series 2 prototypes can be numbered or not.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Here's what I've been able to snag of Cruz over the years:

CruzCrusade.jpg

I believe the Executive Samples were $90 for Red, $60 for Purple and $40 for Green when they hit COMC. I paid about double for them afterwards since I missed out on the initial insanity.

From what I've read, the Series 2 prototypes can be numbered or not.

Your Cruz run is awesome!

This was the same pricing for Manny Ramirez as well... I
managed to snag the purple ***/100, the green landed with an FCB board member and the red Manny was scarfed up immediately. It's a shame that since it was comc I don't know where the red went.

They are sweet cards for sure but I guess I am not in to the more than 10x markup for crusade executive proofs vs other 98 Donruss executive proofs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I don't want to change the subject away from the Donruss Crusade topic (which is fascinating), but these two auction's ending prices blew my mind today. I was watching them just for kicks and surprised to see them sell for much more than they usually runs at auction. I paid about less than for $30 for both of these cards two years ago. Anyone else noticed prices going up on 98 Finest stuff?

Piazza 98 Finest Centurions Refractor /75 --> $102.50 at auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171236891754&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160

Piazza 98 Finest The Man Refractor /75 --> $87 at auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171236890811?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I don't want to change the subject away from the Donruss Crusade topic (which is fascinating), but these two auction's ending prices blew my mind today. I was watching them just for kicks and surprised to see them sell for much more than they usually runs at auction. I paid about less than for $30 for both of these cards two years ago. Anyone else noticed prices going up on 98 Finest stuff?

Piazza 98 Finest Centurions Refractor /75 --> $102.50 at auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171236891754&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160

Piazza 98 Finest The Man Refractor /75 --> $87 at auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171236890811?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yeah, I think these took a hard dip for a while but seem to still be about half where they were prior to the big 90s insert set dump.

Members online