Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Actually happy I'm not going to the National this year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Have only missed one between 02 and 13. But not going this year....And glad.

Between the flight being a pain in the ass connecting (and expensive) with over priced hotel AND having to close store for a few days, thankfully I don't HAVE TO go.

I sell a lot of game used & auto cards in the $10 range and those are my number one targets at the show every year (discount boxes are number 2).

But thankfully, I had an awesome awesome walk in purchase of 300 QUALITY game used & auto cards which PERFECTLY fit my price range including many many triple threads and cards from other crazy priced packs. I try to buy around 200 quality gu/ autos every national so I'm well above that.

On top of that, the collection also came with a lot of discount box type cards too, basically as throw ins.

Best large purchase I have had in many years AND it also saves me $700 in expenses.

Anyone else missing this year's?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I've never been to a national and I feel happy not to be going. It seems to become more and more of a circus (plus I guess the circus wagon's can't cross the mississippi river without drowning the horses or settlers to come to Denver or Phoenix or some regional big city nearby to make it worth my effort).

It sounds cool from the eye candy aspect, but I don't have a lot of money to blow on overpriced boxes of cards just to get some wrapper redemption that might be out of stock by the time I present my wrappers and wait in an hours-long line or have the money to blow on overpriced memorabilia or autographs that you can get on a certified auto card for cheaper in some cases. If I would go, it'd be for the eye candy.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
so you'll bitch about it on here then? lol

Don't read it and block me, plain and simple. I'm sorry I speak the truth about stuff. If you want bunnies and puppies, go to the pet store.

I expect this type of response from blow out not here.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Most of us would kill to get the chance to go the National.
And I come here for kitty cats and teddy bears, not bunnies and puppies, so can I stay?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I haven't been to a National in years... probably over 10 years... I'm trying very hard to get back this year, even though the flight will cost $400ish and I could probably just stay home and buy every Belle on eBay that I need for less that that ::facepalm::

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
I'd personally would love to go to one as everyone I talked to loves it
But I cannot justify flight and hotel and taxi / rental car expenses before a single piece of cardboard is purchased.

Rather wait till a flipper finds a gem and posts it on eBay

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
I'd personally would love to go to one as everyone I talked to loves it
But I cannot justify flight and hotel and taxi / rental car expenses before a single piece of cardboard is purchased.

Rather wait till a flipper finds a gem and posts it on eBay

And I've been to Cleveland
Ain't much there to do

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I calculated my cost to be $700 WITHOUT food and by staying at a hotel further away.

I don't mind paying the hotel cost in Chicago because the show is across the street. Super convenient, don't have to wait for shuttles and all the drop offs pick ups to and from like Cleveland show.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
The National Rulez. However, it is expensive to go. Cleveland is not the most appealing location either. I can't justify going this year. Or most years until I become more financially secure. But once I do, I'll go whenever I have the chance, it's super fun.

I went to two "big" new to me shows this year (a big White Plains while I was in NYC and Tri-star Houston while driving across USA). They were both fun but less than 1/4 the size and fun of the Natty.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Chris - Any meet ups or plans in the works yet for FCB members outside the booth? Like Friday or Saturday night? Not sure what all is nearby or where people are staying but would be cool to have a meet up or something.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts