Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your "baseball card mystery"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Nice!!! Op's mystery solved.

Anyone ever come across this card before? It's not a collector priority but as a 1986 Met fan it was a must have as it's Mitchell's only Met uni Gu card.I have never seen another besides mine.I find it hard to believe they are all locked away tight in collector's Pc's.

2002 Topps Super Teams

100_3438.jpg

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Panini America's Pastime. Asdrubal Cabrera has some autographs in it, all sticker. Then a couple weeks ago, out of nowhere, two cards pop up on ebay from the set--and they are on-card inserts from the set. Just two. Numbered to 125.

I gobble both up. One had an autograph in pretty rough shape, but the other is awesome.

Now anyone who graphs in person know Asdrubal is really tough to get. And he has no on-card autographs (other than this one?). So I was ready to grab up as many as I could find. Its been two or three weeks, and not another has shown up on ebay. Nothing in ended items either. It looks like just these two cards.

What is the deal? Just a tough pull?

Numbered to 125 I would think I would see more. I know A-Cab can be a dick to work with during private signings, so I could see that he just signed a couple and stopped.

Attachments

• resized_img_00061.jpg
    resized_img_00061.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 72

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks austin!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
One that stumped me for years was this card:

$_57.JPG

Made the set in 1994 (mainly for the Michael Jordan card) and could never find this card to complete the set. Didn't find out till years later it's an SP and finally picked one up in the late 90's.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I still don't believe the 02 topps pujols was ever corrected with his photo on back.

I think all the claims have confused the reg topps card with either the opening day or hta versions.

Someone please prove me wrong

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
why are so many very modern (2012, 2013, 2014) cards airbrushed, especially in Bowman draft? I suppoe Topps may be using Getty Images or another image agency a lot more than just sending their own photogs to rookie-level or Class-A ballparks to get photos of athletes putting on a replica MLB jersey of their parent club and doing some game-action like posing for the draft product.

Also, why does topps screw the pooch with the "debut" foil stamping? There are cards in 2013 Update that are have the "MLB debut" foil stamping with their debut date being 2012. Why not include those
players in the 2012 Update so the "MLB Debut" foil stamp makes sense?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Another , why are the companies (Topps) using the same images over and over and over and OVER. Is it simply a cost thing ? If so what does it really cost for them to use new images , especially of retired players.

Ryan

Jan 14, 2009
Will I ever see proof of or copies of the following cards?

-1988 Topps Glossy All-Stars Offer Insert with "Cards Not Included" printed on front, lower right

-1987 Topps DAve Lopes RB #4 with "1985" copyright

-1990 Upper Deck Ben McDonald #54 with "white circle" on front. Have never held a copy in hand to verify it's authenticity by checking for eraser marks.

Where are all of the 1999 UD Exclsuives Bronze /100? I don't think I know of anyone owning more than 4-5 of a particular player.

Will I ever see another copy (1 confirmed)?

-1989 Topps Tony Oliva #665 with "blacked-out" copyright on back. I'd love to own one of these.

wallyscards

Sep 13, 2009
South Dakota
My mystery would have to be these 1994 Finest Baseball. The fronts are like the regular cards but the backs are like this. I bought them around 1998 from some guy that said he had some sort of connection to Topps. I have been trying to find some infor but have come up empty so far.scan10001.jpg

Members online

Latest posts