Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Panini Immaculate Baseball - releasing 9/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's like when someone pulls a nice rare card, they lose their mind when listings these cards. I mean a card like that should sell itself. I'm not sure why trying to blow the lid off the description of the card in the descriptions of the auction itself really freaking matters... I mean anyone even remotely going after that card would just shake their head at that. Sorry for the rant but I just shake my head every time I see listings like that.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
View attachment 41127

This is what they are calling a $1k card.
I get it - hot product. It could reach prices that they normally wouldn't... but an exact patch for Reese like that went unsold at $60 with an auto. I just can't see adding a Gehrig swatch bringing that to a thousand dollars - even in the highest end product.

You can get a 2007 Sweet Spot Classics Gehrig with a swatch just like that (seams) PLUS pinstripe for less than $150.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
It's like when someone pulls a nice rare card, they lose their mind when listings these cards. I mean a card like that should sell itself. I'm not sure why trying to blow the lid off the description of the card in the descriptions of the auction itself really freaking matters... I mean anyone even remotely going after that card would just shake their head at that. Sorry for the rant but I just shake my head every time I see listings like that.

As annoying as it is for the sellers to add 1/1 to the title, it works for them when buyers are searching for big cards. As an example I typically will search 2014 Immaculate 1/1 then sort by newly listed. That way I can get a quick glimpse at most of the new big hits. When there are some amazing cards that are /2, /3, /;, etc. those are tougher to find quickly especially if/when they are at auction and you would have to either search that specific print run or player or view through the hundreds of patches to find those.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I know its been said 1,000 times, but these are all worthless to me without logos and team affiliation.

The airbrushed helmets and obscured jerseys just offend the eye before I even see the rest of the card, or what it contains.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I know its been said 1,000 times, but these are all worthless to me without logos and team affiliation.

The airbrushed helmets and obscured jerseys just offend the eye before I even see the rest of the card, or what it contains.

I agree with this to a point.
There are some cards I'm actively pursuing to PC but a majority of them aren't what I'm looking for. They did a well enough job in photo selection for some cards you can't really tell it's airbrushed

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I get that Charlie but I'm a bit surprised you aren't disenfranchised enough with Topps to say, "I'm over the logos and enjoy collecting enough to support Panini". I finally embraced it this year lol
Eventually your distaste for Topps will be greater than your distaste for logo less cards (well, if you ever run out of old DLP to buy)

Members online