Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

National Treasures Baseball is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This sentence makes me very, very afraid for my wallet and credit card limits:

The Prime Patch cards are plentiful and the checklist is second to none as 2014 showcases far more tags and logos than 2012.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Well many will be asking "where's the vintage stuff?". Those Yaz cards look nice though and Panini seems to save the better stuff for closer to release so we'll see because while I'm pumped about those sweet Wei Chung **** cards I wouldn't want to pull one from a pack I paid SRP for!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This sentence makes me very, very afraid for my wallet and credit card limits:

The Prime Patch cards are plentiful and the checklist is second to none as 2014 showcases far more tags and logos than 2012.

why is your wallet afraid? I've picked up many sleeve patch, name plate, jersey number and front chest logo patches from 2012 NT for under $20 (and quite a few under $10) so I expect 2014 NT to be the same in the secondary market after Panini has released enough "awe" product to dilute the collectors' big O over 2014 NT.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I wonder what Panini means by "never-seen-before authentic memorabilia". Does that mean relic types that have never been released before or relics for players who haven't have a relic card yet? If it's for those without a relic card, I would hate to disappoint them that Tony Lazzeri has one - I have a 2002 Lazzeri SP Legendary Cuts bat relic card.

and what's this about gems? It looks like there is a gem card in one of the preview images. Are there a lot more women collecting this stuff than I'd think?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I wonder what Panini means by "never-seen-before authentic memorabilia". Does that mean relic types that have never been released before or relics for players who haven't have a relic card yet? If it's for those without a relic card, I would hate to disappoint them that Tony Lazzeri has one - I have a 2002 Lazzeri SP Legendary Cuts bat relic card.

and what's this about gems? It looks like there is a gem card in one of the preview images. Are there a lot more women collecting this stuff than I'd think?

There will be "Flawless" insert cards in NT with the gems. Apparently they're pretty popular in basketball?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
why is your wallet afraid? I've picked up many sleeve patch, name plate, jersey number and front chest logo patches from 2012 NT for under $20 (and quite a few under $10) so I expect 2014 NT to be the same in the secondary market after Panini has released enough "awe" product to dilute the collectors' big O over 2014 NT.

I tend to go for the rarer ones, it's really just a preference of mine. I like to go for quality over quantity, so for example I may rather pick up 1 card of a player that is a really nice sized logo patch and low-numbered, instead of getting many of his cards. Plus I really only go for the vintage HOF wool patches from this product which are generally low-numbered and generally bring a high premium. Also because I have no idea how this thing will sell; if you look at relic prices from 2014 Donruss Classics that just came out they absolutely blew me out of the water, I expected them to be a fraction of what some of those went for.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Lol, your not gonna get upper echelon hof players, logos, sleeve patches, nameplates, ect ect for under 20 bucks. Not even the superstar (griffey, bonds, ect) stuff will go that low or even close

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2 hof edition

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Lol, your not gonna get upper echelon hof players, logos, sleeve patches, nameplates, ect ect for under 20 bucks. Not even the superstar (griffey, bonds, ect) stuff will go that low or even close

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2 hof edition

If you remember those small patches numbered out of #50 or something of guys like Frank Robinson, Ozzie Smith, etc. You may be able to get those for around 20 bucks just the very standard, common, 2 color patches.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Some really great stuff in this product.

Question, do they need to get Bonds or anyone elses approval to include them in the release? Stupid question I'm sure but for some reason I thought there was a reason Bonds has been MIA from Topps and also McGwire until recently.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's crazy to me that with all the recent issues with memorabilia cards, people still eat this stuff up upon release. So many of these cards are proven to be illegitimate game-used, yet people turn a blind eye when there are new releases for some reason. Next, companies won't put ANY disclaimers on these cards to completely cover their butts. 'Looks game-used! Make your own decision.'

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The Majestic tag on the Whitey Ford card doesnt seem to go with the time frame that he played.

Just an observation!

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts