Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 hobby goals, what are yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubinthelou

Jun 21, 2013
St. Louis
To complete the 2012 and 2014 Bowman Chrome Rainbow for Daniel Winkler before his Major League Debut (likely in Aug).

To add 400 cards to my Kerry wood collection including finishing the 98 Tek.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Get to 90% or more of Albert Belle recognized cards by Beckett's ever evolving and growing player checklist. It is a simple goal but a lot harder than it sounds.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
T 207 Chester Hoff
Mantle Portrait Exhibit
1955 Yankee Team Exhibit
1956 Yankee Team Exhibit
1956 Topps Rizzuto Pin
DANNY

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
1. Quit the hobby
2. Fail
3. Spend way too much on wax
4. Feel bad and then spend way too much on singles to make myself feel better
5. Sell a bunch to even my keel

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I'm actually hoping that I am able to sell off the rest of my Canseco collection and officially call myself done with card collecting. Just don't have the passion for any other player and I've been fortunate to own a good portion of the cards I was chasing for years and will forever have the scans of everything I once owned to look at.

khillyard

Jul 2, 2013
Midlothian, TX
1. Get McGriff #2000 (17 away) Hopefully get to 2100 as well.
2. Take 3 McGriff's off off of my top 10 list
3. Complete 1978 Topps Basketball in PSA 9. 1 card not owned. 14 upgrades needed.
4. Complete 1979 Topps Basketball in PSA 9. 15 upgrades needed.

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
* finish my vintage Topps Dodgers run. The list is down to one card ('52 Topps Dick Williams). I think this will happen.
* make a decent dent on my new project, which is Red Man Dodgers. Right now I'm doing them "with tab", but if that looks too expensive I will drop that requirement. Or I might do them both. :D
* send in my T-206 Superbas set to be slabbed in SGC holders. I'm hopeful they'll run a $7 special at some point. I think they've done that before. That'll save me $81 in grading fees.
* sell off a decent chunk of my modern stuff, which is mostly made up of "retro" sets like Heritage, A&G and Turkey Red. I never look at them, so I might as well turn them into vintage cards that I will appreciate.
* finish my raw 1972 set (7 cards away)
* finish my raw 1970 set (6 cards away)

When the 1970 set is finished, I will be auctioning it off on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to cancer research. A quick run-down for those that don't know the back story. Roughly 15 years ago a bunch of us in OBC used to gather on a nightly basis and chat on ICQ. I mentioned to the group that I thought the 1970 set was the ugliest of all time (still do). About a week later I got a box in the mail with about half of the set from a buddy of mine, David Kolenda. David got a good laugh out of it, and I cussed him a little (with a smile on my face as I did so). David was a great guy and a good friend. He lost his battle with cancer a little over 7 years ago. My intent since then has been to finish the starter set he sent me, and then auction it off in his name.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
* finish my vintage Topps Dodgers run. The list is down to one card ('52 Topps Dick Williams). I think this will happen.
* make a decent dent on my new project, which is Red Man Dodgers. Right now I'm doing them "with tab", but if that looks too expensive I will drop that requirement. Or I might do them both. :D
* send in my T-206 Superbas set to be slabbed in SGC holders. I'm hopeful they'll run a $7 special at some point. I think they've done that before. That'll save me $81 in grading fees.
* sell off a decent chunk of my modern stuff, which is mostly made up of "retro" sets like Heritage, A&G and Turkey Red. I never look at them, so I might as well turn them into vintage cards that I will appreciate.

When the 1970 set is finished, I will be auctioning it off on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to cancer research. A quick run-down for those that don't know the back story. Roughly 15 years ago a bunch of us in OBC used to gather on a nightly basis and chat on ICQ. I mentioned to the group that I thought the 1970 set was the ugliest of all time (still do). About a week later I got a box in the mail with about half of the set from a buddy of mine, David Kolenda. David got a good laugh out of it, and I cussed him a little (with a smile on my face as I did so). David was a great guy and a good friend. He lost his battle with cancer a little over 7 years ago. My intent since then has been to finish the starter set he sent me, and then auction it off in his name.

Fantastic gesture, good luck! Wish I had some laying around for you

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA

I agree that this is a great idea on your part. May all of your goals come together in 2015.
DANNY

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
1) Continue to collect all Adam Dunn autograph cards I don't currently own which do not include any "game-used" material (currently at 143 different cards).
2) Spend less on Adam Dunn game used Reds bats (currently at 12).

Last edited:

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
1. Still be above 90% of all Denard Span non 1/1 cards by the end of the year
2. Acquire 3 Denard Span 1/1's not from 2015 products
3. Finish off my 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Base Mini Set
4. Finish my Minnesota Twins 2011 Topps Hope Diamond Team Set
5. Spend as much money on opening packs as I did in 2014 (not very much)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
1. Still be above 90% of all Denard Span non 1/1 cards by the end of the year
2. Acquire 3 Denard Span 1/1's not from 2015 products
3. Finish off my 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Base Mini Set
4. Finish my Minnesota Twins 2011 Topps Hope Diamond Team Set
5. Spend as much money on opening packs as I did in 2014 (not very much)

Good call on the 2012 mini set! I need to finish that one too!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
for those of you looking for early 70's topps cards. there was a guy on beckett this morning saying he just bought a lot of cards with random early 70's topps in them. titled something like vintage pickup or something.. should be first page on the beckett forum

eltoro2012

Nov 3, 2013
I'm looking to do some major down sizing\refocusing in 2015. Way too many odds and ends that need to be sold off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts