Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Ryan Minor :/

followed by another Gold - Calvin Pickering. Damn those Orioles.

Probably have a complete set. 20-30 blues and a handful of inserts. Not bad for $60, less than the price of a box.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
If a plate includes an image of the foil stamping, there are major problems. Most of those fake Pacific plates include the foil imagery. Silly, but because they no longer exist, there is no one to fight them legally, so Pacific cards are an easy target.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^shoot, was hoping it was a pedro Martinez. I'm still looking for one!

Out of curiosity how were the cards fresh out of pack after all these years? Stuck together? With scratch marks?

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
^shoot, was hoping it was a pedro Martinez. I'm still looking for one!

Out of curiosity how were the cards fresh out of pack after all these years? Stuck together? With scratch marks?

Excellent given my experience with most sets. I'm sure the high gloss/thick plastic like stock helped. The only cards that had trouble were face to face in the pack. Seemed to primarily be the Illuminator insert set facing a blue. But even then, while there was some surface transfer, only noticeable if you're catching the light. All in all, A+ for durability by '90's pack standards.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
03-23-2015%20073328PM.jpg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Nice bust athletics... I bought 22 packs of Fleer Brillants the other week around $25 shipped and didn't get much at all. Got a Frank Thomas Shining Star (not he Pulsar) and that was about it.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
What do you guys think about this? I know someone had one up on ebay asking a crazy Amount but looks like more of these exist. Think the color just faded or something? It is uniform in color over the entire card so that might be a stretch. A cool oddball nontheless

For reference:
Base

Essential

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
What do you guys think about this? I know someone had one up on ebay asking a crazy Amount but looks like more of these exist. Think the color just faded or something? It is uniform in color over the entire card so that might be a stretch. A cool oddball nontheless

For reference:
Base

Essential

That was me! Now let's get it recognized by Beckett so I can sell mine :)

pudge4hof

Mar 10, 2015
Lufkin, Texas
1997 Doruss Preferred Tin Boxes

Have a couple of big 1997 Doruss Preferred tin gold boxes of Pudge Rodriguez and Barry Bonds. Sitting around in stretch wrap since 1997. Got the itch to bust open the 24 tin packs in each and see what gives. Hopefully, some nice precious metal cards, platinum is good. I'll get back with pics if anything good.

Randy

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Have a couple of big 1997 Doruss Preferred tin gold boxes of Pudge Rodriguez and Barry Bonds. Sitting around in stretch wrap since 1997. Got the itch to bust open the 24 tin packs in each and see what gives. Hopefully, some nice precious metal cards, platinum is good. I'll get back with pics if anything good.

Randy
I take it your a Pudge Collector?? interested in acouple HTF ones?? 1997 Fanfest and 1994 Topps Fruit Roll ups??
1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel033_zps38a78191.jpg

irodxxx.jpg

Members online