Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
No auto trade. I just sold it to him ;)

I'd rather have an auto that I requested but nobody offered. Now I may just buy one with the money from the trade.

I actually just bought a few of those autos and was considering it. Its so weird that Griffeys autos /100 sometimes go for less than the regular parallels /100

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
I just love it. Even though I am strictly Griffey collector, there are a bunch of HOF's on here, and near HOF's along with Griffey.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Does ANYONE at all have a 2000 Topps Chrome Allegiance Refractor Griffey for trade/sale?

It's the last Chrome Refractor of Griffey I need for my display. I avoided buying it for $75, $82, $78 over the months because it was UGH a 2000 issue. But now I'm regretting it, because this would finish my frame of EVERY Griffey Mariners Chrome Refractor from 90s-2000.

Anyone?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Does ANYONE at all have a 2000 Topps Chrome Allegiance Refractor Griffey for trade/sale?

It's the last Chrome Refractor of Griffey I need for my display. I avoided buying it for $75, $82, $78 over the months because it was UGH a 2000 issue. But now I'm regretting it, because this would finish my frame of EVERY Griffey Mariners Chrome Refractor from 90s-2000.

Anyone?

Very Nice Card............... Never Have Owned One Here

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey All, I haven't written here in ages, but some of you hopefully remember me, I'm a pediatrician, Dr Steve Brinn.
I've done alot of selling the last few years, but still maintain a small group of special cards.

At any rate I wanted to write you all about the RED CRUSADE. Has the price changed so much, or is the guy on eBay asking 10,000$ just testing the market? I have looked for one for 5 years. I wrote him and offered him a one time chance to give me one number he'd sell the card to me. I told him I would not negotiate and would say yes or not respond. He came back at $8900. Have I been away that long that this is not a ridiculous price? Can anyone help me.
Thanks
I'll check back and hope all of you are well and happy
Steve B

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Hey All, I haven't written here in ages, but some of you hopefully remember me, I'm a pediatrician, Dr Steve Brinn.
I've done alot of selling the last few years, but still maintain a small group of special cards.

At any rate I wanted to write you all about the RED CRUSADE. Has the price changed so much, or is the guy on eBay asking 10,000$ just testing the market? I have looked for one for 5 years. I wrote him and offered him a one time chance to give me one number he'd sell the card to me. I told him I would not negotiate and would say yes or not respond. He came back at $8900. Have I been away that long that this is not a ridiculous price? Can anyone help me.
Thanks
Steve B

Hey Doc,

I believe I've bought several cards from you off ebay over the years. As for the Red Crusade, that is THE high end Griffey card to own. Several of them are locked away in PC's and will probably never be offered for sale again. So with this card, any time it is offered for sale, the seller can basically name his own price. The only one I've seen offered for sale in the past year was listed on ebay with a $3999 BIN and was snatched within seconds of being listed.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

Thanks
Steve B

Pretty sure, this is the 1st one listed not listed with a steal BIN in years. I mean, it all depends on the top small handful of collectors and their willingness to empty their pocket book, but $6000 to $10000 seems very doable. It's pretty much THE Griffey to own, minus a few of the 1//1's of the same era. He should help his cause though by correcting the spelling in the title.

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi Again, From what you all are saying the Card Price has doubled or tripled over the last 3 years. Fair enough. I am resigned at this point to never owning it.

I do own the /100 Crusade of Griffey Jr and its a graded 10 by Beckett. Does anyone know its value? or a ball park range?
Thanks again to all of you
Steve B

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Hi Again, From what you all are saying the Card Price has doubled or tripled over the last 3 years. Fair enough. I am resigned at this point to never owning it.

I do own the /100 Crusade of Griffey Jr and its a graded 10 by Beckett. Does anyone know its value? or a ball park range?
Steve B

So you're saying a Purple Crusade graded BGS 10 Pristine?

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I sold a PSA 10 purple crusade for $700 a couple years ago.

As for the Rec Crusade, I had 2 this year. I will not divulge price but they are not anywhere near 4k and know of 4-5 people that will pay lots more

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010

Steve B

Hey Steve. I hope you're doing well buddy. We've worked a lot of deals in the past. Anyways, yeah, the crusade has gone up, but it's all about what someone is currently willing to pay. There are only a few guys out there willing to pay that top dollar, and they may all have a crusade red now. So, I'd stick to your price point, and you may get one eventually. I personally think it is extremely overrated (why does everyone want a card where Griffey likely fouled or grounded out to third base when there are so many other rare ones that look just as good). That's just my opinion though. Regarding your BGS 10 Crusade Purple, I'd probably think that is $1000-1200.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Looks like $6800 was the final hammer on the Crusade Red Griffey. That's a ton of cash, but still think the buyer got THE card to own of Junior. On the offer sheet, 2 offers of $1400 and $1500. Ha, they were dreaming. Anyone here nab it?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Looks like $6800 was the final hammer on the Crusade Red Griffey. That's a ton of cash, but still think the buyer got THE card to own of Junior. On the offer sheet, 2 offers of $1400 and $1500. Ha, they were dreaming. Anyone here nab it?

You were able to see the offers ? $6800 , geez , that's some $$

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts