Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arod 3,000 hit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Whether its deserving or not, Roids is not a skill developer, but more of a Charge

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think most big players have gone through an explosion phase, where their stuff climbs well above what a reasonable price might be. Most then came down hard after a while. With non-vintage, non-SP, non-low serial numbered and/or autographed rookies, I think the market will always settle. Vintage will continue to climb with the lesser quantities and especially those in top shape and the artificially rare rookies of the modern market will all remain in pristine shape, but were issued in lower quantities to begin with to ensure future collectibility. That leaves the middle, the overproduced 80s-90s, which will probably never be worth much after the initial spikes and drops.

I should have been more specific.Will his rookies ever be worth anything again?

I don't think this was ever really considered a true rookie card, but I remember how exciting this card was, as it was a time sensitive redemption from a product adversely affected by the 94 baseball strike. At one point they were selling for $500+.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
It is also against the rules of baseball and against the law!

I am not denying that; however, I am just saying that ppl often get confused with the fact that steroids does not improve learned skills regardless of sport, it just gives the user a "2nd Wind" if you will.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think most big players have gone through an explosion phase, where their stuff climbs well above what a reasonable price might be. Most then came down hard after a while. With non-vintage, non-SP, non-low serial numbered and/or autographed rookies, I think the market will always settle. Vintage will continue to climb with the lesser quantities and especially those in top shape and the artificially rare rookies of the modern market will all remain in pristine shape, but were issued in lower quantities to begin with to ensure future collectibility. That leaves the middle, the overproduced 80s-90s, which will probably never be worth much after the initial spikes and drops.

I don't think this was ever really considered a true rookie card, but I remember how exciting this card was, as it was a time sensitive redemption from a product adversely affected by the 94 baseball strike. At one point they were selling for $500+.

They still aren't cheap which is y I don't have one

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I am not denying that; however, I am just saying that ppl often get confused with the fact that steroids does not improve learned skills regardless of sport, it just gives the user a "2nd Wind" if you will.

Not sure what you mean by second wind. Do you mean a boost? because roids will build muscle mass all over the body if taken improper like these guys do. Steroids is a muscle builder.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Not sure what you mean by second wind. Do you mean a boost? because roids will build muscle mass all over the body if taken improper like these guys do. Steroids is a muscle builder.

I got that, but we don't see AROD looking like Arnold in anyway, plus the man had 2 hip surgeries.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I got that, but we don't see AROD looking like Arnold in anyway, plus the man had 2 hip surgeries.

Depends on how much you take where and how much you work out. Maybe Aroid would of been half his size without them. One will never know. if he had hip surgeries then a doc would work on the muscles around the hips to help them grow. He didn't do that.....

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Depends on how much you take where and how much you work out. Maybe Aroid would of been half his size without them. One will never know. if he had hip surgeries then a doc would work on the muscles around the hips to help them grow. He didn't do that.....

You definitely hate steroids very much without knowing much about them. It totally depends on how much you work out. There aren't magical. They do not produce muscle bu themselves. They stimulate the muscle growth with workouts.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
You definitely hate steroids very much without knowing much about them. It totally depends on how much you work out. There aren't magical. They do not produce muscle bu themselves. They stimulate the muscle growth with workouts.

That's what I said

So you like illegal drugs? You support the usage of illegal drugs.. oh well...

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It's an understatement to say ballhawk Zack*Hample, who caught Alex Rodriguez's 3000th hit last week, has a big decision to make.*

Should he give the ball knocked into the Yankee Stadium bleachers back to the Yankees*slugger or make some serious cash off it?

He recently told our Brendan Kuty*he was offered "all kinds of memorabilia.*Bats, jerseys, signatures, the chance to meet A-Rod, the chance to be on the YES Network, to have my own press conference, tickets, Legends tickets." TMZ added*that YES Network offer included multiple appearances the rest of the 2015 season and a "'sizeable' donation" to a charity that Rodriguez will match.*

But what could the ball be worth if he sold it to a collector or auction house? The Post*reported it's "upwards of $200,000." Yowza.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I sense a lot of jumping on the "band wagon" going on regarding hating on AROD. Me personally, we make mistakes, we try to cover mistakes, hell..we lie about our mistakes. So I assume that everything positive any man does is buried after one maybe two mishaps or bad decisions...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I sense a lot of jumping on the "band wagon" going on regarding hating on AROD. Me personally, we make mistakes, we try to cover mistakes, hell..we lie about our mistakes. So I assume that everything positive any man does is buried after one maybe two mishaps or bad decisions...

You actually feel this is new and a bandwagon going on? It's been going on for years n years...

As to ARod , look I think his stats are incredible , but you do realize people are criticizing what your calling "positive" because they think his "mistakes" are what caused the "positives" to occur? And he lied multiple times about that "mistake" which people think led to the "positive". Again I think ARod is one of the best players I ever watched, but I don't live under a rock where I can't see why people are disgusted with him. If your just now sensing the hate, I'm not sure where you've been.

Ryan

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
You actually feel this is new and a bandwagon going on? It's been going on for years n years...

As to ARod , look I think his stats are incredible , but you do realize people are criticizing what your calling "positive" because they think his "mistakes" are what caused the "positives" to occur? And he lied multiple times about that "mistake" which people think led to the "positive". Again I think ARod is one of the best players I ever watched, but I don't live under a rock where I can't see why people are disgusted with him. If your just now sensing the hate, I'm not sure where you've been.

Ryan

My point is this...AROD stepped on his crank quite a few times all these years. Is the positives he has been doing a result of it? Maybe. Has he burned more than just a few bridges? Maybe. Will he ever change the minds of baseball fans about his behaviors? Probably not. I as one of his fans acknowledge his screw ups, I acknowledge the fact that his name will forever be enshrined as a cheater....however, I also acknowledge the fact that he had his legacy pretty much solidified and his ticket punched for Cooperstown. His choice to turn to PEDS because he felt it would help him standout as "the best" will forever haunt him, but as one of his fans, I still support him and that won't change.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I like the quote website George posted and it shows cheating has been going on 70 years it's just the news and internet makes it where you can't hide if you are cheating. Another member also said if 70% of baseball was doing the same thing what kind of advantage did he really have over the others and you have to assume everyone was taking PED's just only a few have been caught. I think some day they will let Arod, Bonds, McGwire and all the others who have been caught cheating in the Hall Of Fame but it will probably be 20 years from now or longer. The thing is in the 90's when McGwire, Sosa and Griffey were hitting all those homeruns baseball was hurting after the strike and they brought people back into the stands with the homeruns they were hitting. Baseball didn't mind they and turned away until years later.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I like the quote website George posted and it shows cheating has been going on 70 years it's just the news and internet makes it where you can't hide if you are cheating. Another member also said if 70% of baseball was doing the same thing what kind of advantage did he really have over the others and you have to assume everyone was taking PED's just only a few have been caught. I think some day they will let Arod, Bonds, McGwire and all the others who have been caught cheating in the Hall Of Fame but it will probably be 20 years from now or longer. The thing is in the 90's when McGwire, Sosa and Griffey were hitting all those homeruns baseball was hurting after the strike and they brought people back into the stands with the homeruns they were hitting. Baseball didn't mind they and turned away until years later.

Good point

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

If the card was printed in 1994, then to me it is a true rookie card.What year was it printed?How rare are they?What did the redemption look like?How much are they?

Members online

Latest posts