Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
Wow, same seller had a 1998 1/1 last month for $1100 too. Super impressive.

Picked up the Big Cat Embossed Refractor non-embossed vars from the same dealer with all the non #d finest golds. Hope I can spur some craziness too!

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Wow, same seller had a 1998 1/1 last month for $1100 too. Super impressive.

Picked up the Big Cat Embossed Refractor non-embossed vars from the same dealer with all the non #d finest golds. Hope I can spur some craziness too!

Heh, picked up the non-numbered '99 Finest Gold Refractor of Galarraga myself. Not sure how to pitch that listing :)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow. I guess I should make a note that if a Belle ever spikes to just lay down because I'm not spending $1k or $2k on any Belle card.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Slowly scanning the favorites in my collection and wanted to show off these:

mcgwire93finestref.jpg
eck93finestref.jpg

steinbach93finref.jpg
93finestrefwelch.jpg

Also have Ruben Sierra (not scanned yet), missing Rickey for the team set.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
What the story with those? Is that the foil version? Any idea of print run? I saw a Griffey like that sold for 455. Said it was a test proof? Just curious

Kinda peicing 2 stories together I heard on these:
the football set APs used the rainbow foil and a few sheets of baseball APs had the same foil applied before they realized. Most think only high numbers are affected though I just found someone claiming to have the entire set so we shall see.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
the football set APs used the rainbow foil and a few sheets of baseball APs had the same foil applied before they realized. Most think only high numbers are affected though I just found someone claiming to have the entire set so we shall see.

Good luck JP, With the AG craze I would think that 22 bucks may have been very well spent!!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA

The football theory doesn't make any sense since 1995 Pinnacle football AP's looked like this:

95pinnap.jpg

1995 Select baseball AP's used a similar foil to that Galarraga, I wonder if that was somehow involved in the mixup. Also 94/95 Pinnacle hockey AP's appear from pictures like they may have had a similar foil.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
I'm working on the 1998 Stars N Steel Gold and Gold Holographic sets and have stumbled upon a few duplicates along the way. I'm about 10-15 cards short of each set. I understand these are tough to come by, would trade any of these duplicates to help fill my sets.

These pics aren't so great, I can get better scans of any of these.

b57b8305-3cf0-4092-bf32-f0324c410d65_zpsgcjzjwsa.jpg

1f11976d-51b8-42a6-a1b2-b2d727f28dc2_zpssoizim8q.jpg

8980ad1a-a70f-4aa2-a6ff-20ce798a2aa3_zpssvavdqes.jpg

7908ddcb-a5ba-49bf-8f06-876ebc819adc_zpswo391k9i.jpg

d6f79275-9e6d-4df1-a7d9-a3e62f3d230a_zpsriu0zunh.jpg

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
The football theory doesn't make any sense since 1995 Pinnacle football AP's looked like this:

95pinnap.jpg

1995 Select baseball AP's used a similar foil to that Galarraga, I wonder if that was somehow involved in the mixup. Also 94/95 Pinnacle hockey AP's appear from pictures like they may have had a similar foil.

Well there you go, that's how rumors start lol. I never collected anything but baseball nor actually checked. However they came about they are definitely rare as I've never seen them before. I actually think they are a better parallel than most /99 or /100 inserts that just change color foil.

The other one I grabbed:

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm working on the 1998 Stars N Steel Gold and Gold Holographic sets and have stumbled upon a few duplicates along the way. I'm about 10-15 cards short of each set. I understand these are tough to come by, would trade any of these duplicates to help fill my sets.

I have the Edgar Martinez, but there's a bit of peeling on the bottom two corners. PM me if you're interested.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well there you go, that's how rumors start lol. I never collected anything but baseball nor actually checked. However they came about they are definitely rare as I've never seen them before. I actually think they are a better parallel than most /99 or /100 inserts that just change color foil.

The other one I grabbed:

Are these/recognized/catalogued as a parallel or just an error variation? Albeit super rare variation?

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009

PM sent on the Manny gold

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts