Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Ring & Trophy "Relic" Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
As I watch all the Topps Update 'relic' cards flood eBay, I'm amazed at how coveted these cards are to sellers when setting starting prices. This isn't piece of a game used jersey from an All-Star game. It's not even a jersey from a batting practice photo op at an All-Star game. It's not even a jersey from an actual MLB game. It's not even a piece of a jersey from 'no specific game or sport or spatial realm'. It's a piece of plastic that looks like a ring. They're cool cards and all I like them, but #'d/99 & starting price is $49.99OBO? Starting price $12.99 for an unnumbered insert from a low-end product like Update or Series 1/2? I just bought an RJ jersey card #/36 from Triple Threads for $5.00. Each card in a box of TTT ends up costing like $10 at $140+ per box.

I just find it funny how the masses how bought into these cards as being very 'valuable'. I'll be buying mine for less than $5 delivered in a week or 2. End morning rant.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
These are frustratingly popular, and prices reflect that. Value is, of course, subjective and relative, but sometimes things sell for more than other "equal" things.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
I feel like nobody's going to give a damn about anything Topps puts out that isn't Bowman/Bowman Chrome related 20 years from now. Everything from say, 2007-2013 is pretty much just a rehash of another lousy product. I don't see us having a 'show off your late 2000s/early 2010s' inserts thread, ever.

Sure, a bunch of autographs will hold value but I don't see many people trying to track down any base or non-autographed insert from this era in the future. Ever.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I think people are completely over non-patch GU. When you think about it, even though there are a lot of these "manufactured relic" cards at least they are somewhat original when compared to the eight hundred billionth plain swatch jersey card of the same player. Plus they are thick as hell, and as we know from Five Star, thick = expensive!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I feel like nobody's going to give a damn about anything Topps puts out that isn't Bowman/Bowman Chrome related 20 years from now. Everything from say, 2007-2013 is pretty much just a rehash of another lousy product. I don't see us having a 'show off your late 2000s/early 2010s' inserts thread, ever.

Sure, a bunch of autographs will hold value but I don't see many people trying to track down any base or non-autographed insert from this era in the future. Ever.

I think there are some good insert sets but they are few and far in between. Anything acetate seems to be well loved as do diecuts.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I think there are some good insert sets but they are few and far in between. Anything acetate seems to be well loved as do diecuts.

I agree about acetate, hence I hold out hope that Tek in a few weeks will make a bigger than expected impact. Can't wait for that checklist to pop up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I love them. I think there are about 8-10 Marlins ones. A few World Series patches, some team logo and stadium ones, and a few others.

For a team who rarely has high end "real" jumbo patches produced by Topps, they're fun to collect and display

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
For a team who rarely has high end "real" jumbo patches produced by Topps, they're fun to collect and display

Rarely? It seems Giancarlo Stanton and Jose "TJ" Fernandez are in every topps issue featuring jumbo patches. Maybe you meant jumbo Marlins patches that would be affordable like Garrett Jones or Henderson Alvarez.

I like some of the relics (like a Nationals patriotic-designed interlocking DC manuf relic) but I do agree Topps seems to be going overboard with the embroidery machine (or 3d-printer). ;)

Members online

Latest posts