Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Power Seller on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Does anyone know how you become a Power Seller on ebay? According to my Seller Dashboard, I'm well over ever metric they have. Just curious if I need to ask them, or I get an message from them. And if there is any downfall, or negative aspect, to accepting the offer.

Thanks

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i believe you have to average over 1000.00 a month in sales for 3 consecutive months and then mantain that. they will send you notification if you are eligible

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
dont lose sleep over it, being a power seller means nothing anymore.
other than being able to call ebay, i see no other benefit

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
boomo said:

I was kind of looking forward to the 5-20% discount on FVF.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I disagree. The 20% discount I am currently receiving has saved me close to $100 the last 4 months

boomo said:

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
ok, didn't know that was what we were talking about.
yes some cash off every month is great, BUT then you get
to look forward to following all the stupid rules they have so
you can keep this status, and hope buyers don't screw you
and give you 1's and 2's.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
boomo said:
ok, didn't know that was what we were talking about.
yes some cash off every month is great, BUT then you get
to look forward to following all the stupid rules they have so
you can keep this status, and hope buyers don't screw you
and give you 1's and 2's.
I have 1 too many "low ratings" for the 20% discount because a guy tried to rip me off. I charge $1 for shipping on everything and somehow only have 4.9 for shipping charges. Absolutely moronic system.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
im considered a powerseller but i honeslty have no idea why. I think its because i have as close to perfect rating as you could get but i dont sell more than 20 items a months

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I lost Power Seller status a while back because I didnt seel enough items. That doesnt really matter. You can receive the 20% discount as long as you are a Top Rated Seller.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
[/quote]I have 1 too many "low ratings" for the 20% discount because a guy tried to rip me off. I charge $1 for shipping on everything and somehow only have 4.9 for shipping charges. Absolutely moronic system.[/quote]

While I agree that the feedback system is moronic, I don't understand why sellers charge so low on shipping. You could increase your profits by charging $2.50 - $2.99 and the funny thing is, you might only lose .1 from shipping, from 4.9 to 4.8 and that's an "if". $3 is pretty much a normal rate for shipping cards - top loader, sleeve/team bag, bubble mailer, a peanut or two.

I do understand why a seller would choose not to go that route, and that's if he's selling higher cost items, but for $5-20 non-graded sports cards, it baffles me.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I have 1 too many "low ratings" for the 20% discount because a guy tried to rip me off. I charge $1 for shipping on everything and somehow only have 4.9 for shipping charges. Absolutely moronic system.[/quote]

While I agree that the feedback system is moronic, I don't understand why sellers charge so low on shipping. You could increase your profits by charging $2.50 - $2.99 and the funny thing is, you might only lose .1 from shipping, from 4.9 to 4.8 and that's an "if". $3 is pretty much a normal rate for shipping cards - top loader, sleeve/team bag, bubble mailer, a peanut or two.

I do understand why a seller would choose not to go that route, and that's if he's selling higher cost items, but for $5-20 non-graded sports cards, it baffles me.[/quote]
I'm considering it. But free/really cheap shipping was really useful in moving cheap stuff (below $10) from my store and really helped my ratings (I was stuck around 4.7 when charging $3, and that was back when your DSRs determined your PS discount).

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
KandKCards said:
I have 1 too many "low ratings" for the 20% discount because a guy tried to rip me off. I charge $1 for shipping on everything and somehow only have 4.9 for shipping charges. Absolutely moronic system.

I do understand why a seller would choose not to go that route, and that's if he's selling higher cost items, but for $5-20 non-graded sports cards, it baffles me.
I'm considering it. But free/really cheap shipping was really useful in moving cheap stuff (below $10) from my store and really helped my ratings (I was stuck around 4.7 when charging $3, and that was back when your DSRs determined your PS discount).[/quote]
I recently was awarded power seller status as well as top rated seller. I used to charge $3 for S&H regardless of how many auctions were won within a 48 hour period. I then dropped it to $2.99 and now have it at $2.75. As a result my DSR's have gone up as well as my final sales prices. A lot of buyers will bid up other items to take advantage of the S&H. I still make a little money on S&H so it can be done.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I'm both a power seller and a Top rated seller. The Final Value Fees discount is only for Top Rated sellers. The only perk for power seller is being able to call ebay. Being a top rated seller is better than a power seller.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Between FREE and $3 shipping, I haven't seen much difference in my DSRs (steady at 4.8). If some ******* can still give me a low DSR when I'm shipping for free and if my sales remain largely unchanged, I might as well charge $3.

brumbach

On your Seller Dashboard Summary on the main My eBay page where it says PowerSeller Level, just click on that and the next screen should tell you the date of your next review for Power Seller status as well as a chart of the various requirements and if you have or have not met them. There is also a drop down box on that page with the various PowerSeller levels and the requirements for those and if you have met them yet. eBay will contact you if you are eligible, you can also opt out of the program if you want, I did that for a while and finally contacted them back in 2008 to opt back in. What I don't know is the perks between the different PowerSeller levels, I am now a Silver PowerSeller, oooooh, but I don't feel any different.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I recently bought something off someone who was a top rated seller and power seller. Did not bother looking too closely because he had a lot of feedback, and those credentials. Afterwards a closer look and I'm quite certain I was scammed, and then I notice he has not had any feedback in over 6 months. The system is flawed in so many ways. (Forget about the fact I got majorly hit on my shipping fees by someone when I was charging free shipping. No clue if it was accidental, but any system that can ding you for charging too much when shipping is free is flawed in my book (so now I often charge, and it has not hurt my rating at all.)

Members online

Latest posts