Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
ive been trying to find scans, the one w/o or lesser stars is the glowing

theses are the reg
1997glowing.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
You can tell by angling it when looking at it. There's refraction across the entire back and not just on the stars of the glowing:

Notice for the second scan of the glowing I had to use a camera because it doesn't come out on the scanner. Cameron (bane50) was the one that sent me the first picture of the glowing, he spent a very long time getting it right. I took his lead and did the same for my pic when I finally got one but his was so much better i kept it!

w_1997--fleer--soaring_stars.jpg
w_1997--fleer--ss--g.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
7guns said:
Thanks all mine is not the glowing screwed on that trade it will not happen again thanks to you all.

Serves you right for cleaning house on all those other trades you made lol!

Sorry to hear that :(

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Found this sports flicks card in an old box. Used to love these.
flicks1.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
I was able to fill some of 7guns needs and will be sending him the cards this week. Feel free to Post or email me your want list. I'm not looking for anything in return. I'd much rather the cards I don't want go to a Mcgwire collector rather than stay up in a closet.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Many Thanks Jam They will have a perminate home like my kid Unless I get a chance to trade her for some Nice Mcgwire Autos (LOL)

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Alright need your guys' help on this.

Magic was gracious enough to send me this card for my Prime Nine quest. There are supposed to be two versions, teal and gray (as you can see in my sig). I had the teal (pictured on the top) and Magic located the PN25 in the middle. I put a definitive gray on the bottom for comparison. It's a perfect hybrid of teal and gray. What do you guys think?

pncolors.jpg

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
7guns said:
Many Thanks Jam They will have a perminate home like my kid Unless I get a chance to trade her for some Nice Mcgwire Autos (LOL)

:) I won't tell her as long as you don't tell my wife I'd trade her for the same :mrgreen:

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
onionring9 said:
Alright need your guys' help on this.

Magic was gracious enough to send me this card for my Prime Nine quest. There are supposed to be two versions, teal and gray (as you can see in my sig). I had the teal (pictured on the top) and Magic located the PN25 in the middle. I put a definitive gray on the bottom for comparison. It's a perfect hybrid of teal and gray. What do you guys think?

pncolors.jpg

They all three look different to me. I think you're right.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm really curious how you guys would label that. Like I said, there are only supposed to be two variations and that thing isn't either...

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
onionring9 said:
I'm really curious how you guys would label that. Like I said, there are only supposed to be two variations and that thing isn't either...

Boy I have no clue. I'm not very good with the whole maybe Tray (teal and gray)? Just a stupid guess! :) I don't know what you'd call it. I guess you'd have to find a couple like that to verify that it is a whole other version and not just some sort of color mix up. Is the two versions according to the company or collectors? I wonder if your version is just really rare?

Just got the 4th Missing Link auto in the mail today. Stole it for 191.00. Here it is...

02ML.jpg

Here is the back story with the Missing Link Autograpged Cards..When McGwire did his deal in 02, Sp produced 5 Cards called the "Missing Links" They were signed cards of McGwire featuring him on the past SP Chiography designs (98-99-00-01-02) that he was not a part of due to him not having a card auto contract. They are all numbered out of /25. This version, the 02' is very trickey.
It is the only Missing Link auto that is not hand numbered.. Here are the other 3 i have, there are 5 in the set.

missing2.jpg

missing3.jpg

missing1.jpg

Now the reason the 02' can be trickey is because , they look exactly like the 02 Versions' that were placed in the Regular 02 Chiography set... Here is the difference....

The Missing Link #/25...Machine numbered top right...
02ML.jpg

The Regular 02 Chiography issue...Numbered out of /50..Machine numbered Top Right
021.jpg

The Gold Variation from the 02 Chiography Set. Numbered out of 25 and also confused alot with the Missing Link.
nnnnnn.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Just got the 4th Missing Link auto in the mail today. Stole it for 191.00. Here it is...

Still can't believe you got it for that price. Highway robbery!

Congratulations, now grab that last one!!

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Amazing Autos!!! Congrats!!! Where do you live so I can plan an Ocean's 12 heist for your Mcgwires! :mrgreen:

jam92102 said:
Amazing Autos!!! Congrats!!! Where do you live so I can plan an Ocean's 12 heist for your Mcgwires! :mrgreen:

Hhah , thanks Jam. Jersey Shore buddy...lol

onionring9 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

Still can't believe you got it for that price. Highway robbery!

Congratulations, now grab that last one!!

Yes sir !! The last one is gonna be pricey. I have to start saving now, but i know it's not going anywhere, who knows maybe it will pop up and appear like this bad boy did...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts