Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:
[quote="shanks25":1rwuk8ag]Just wanted to say that i'm very (envious) happy for all the incredible pickups you guys have had lately. I don't have the pocketbook to go after 90% of the stuff you guys do but I love to live vicariously throught you guys. It truly gives me pleasure to see your guys' stuff! Keep it coming! This thread is awesome!

Got a couple new GU cards for the Mac collection......will scan shortly.

I love the diverse types of collectors we have. We pretty much cover the entire spectrum. I think we're the best group of collectors EVER!

Agree 100%. Everyone that posts on here has amazing collections.

Joe, how long ago did you pass the 5000 card mark?

Good question. I'd probably guess around 2-3 years ago. The count acceleration is exponentially decaying due to both the scarcity of what I need, and the average cost of each card.

Cool thing is that when I get the last morsel of cards I have pending I should be at exactly 89.9% complete. Kind of a bummer to have to break that close to 90% eh?

How many cards would it take to get 90%?

Assuming we don't find any more variations, and I receive the 7 I'm waiting on, the number is down to about 6.[/quote:1rwuk8ag]

You can't stop at 6 to go to 90%. I'll just send you some links from ebay when I find a card you need. :D

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Hello everyone. Haven't been on a baseball board since Beckett went Beta. Didn't even know this one existed until Joe sent me a link last week.

Joe, 13-5 and 13-53 should be halfway to Cali by now.

Cameron

Bane50 said:
Hello everyone. Haven't been on a baseball board since Beckett went Beta. Didn't even know this one existed until Joe sent me a link last week.

Cameron

welcome Bane. If you ever want to sell that 03 game jersey with the 70 inscription PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Welcome to FCB. This the thread for all us McGwire collectors. It's our little space here at FCB. Hands down the best trading card message board on the net. Welcome.

don

Dec 10, 2008
Hi Cameron, glad to see you here. For some reason I thought you were already a member! Hopefully a lot of the links in the previous pages are still up and working....its a great read.

Jay

Mark McGwire Museum said:
I know Don's going, but I don't think I'll attempt to go down. I'll probably try to get him at Citi Field
Greg Cleveland said:
Nice hat. :D

So how many of you are going to try for a TTM auto during Spring Training, or will you wait until the season gets started before trying, if at all?

Jay , AWSOME HAT!!

I will be goin to spring training the week of March 13-21. I will be bringing with me my 98 game used bat, my full unused 62 HR ticket and a couple of cards. Im gonna do about 6 or 7 games. If i come home with the just the bat signed ill be on cloud 9. Maybe ill send out a TTM. But mcgwire was never really a signer through the mail. Just wish me luck in a few weeks.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Bane50 said:

Cameron

Always nice to see another McGwire collector on here.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Bane50 said:

Cameron

Man I thought you were already here!

The cards sure are! Thank you so much! I'll post scans a bit later!!

i dug up some pics of oddball stuff i have tucked away. Jay inspired me. I got most of this stuff a longgg time ago, as now i mainly collect his game memorabilia and autographed cards. Ok Jay im gonna try to steal your spotlight for a minute in the category of badass random mac stuff.... :)

Here is a pic that i should have bought a while back.... the seller had an origianl 4x6 picture. He said he was selling stuff from Giambi's ex wife. This was one of the pictures. I copied and pasted and saved it.

macandjason.jpg

McGwire wristband. I got this i pretty sure in 89 or 90 for christmas. never opened it. I knew back then i was a collector in the making...lol

pics019.jpg

Loved this coin when it first came out. I cant tell how many packs i had to open to get it.

pics001.jpg

The original beckett article that stated mcgwire had signed the contract to have his signed cards put into packs. It was while reading this i started to imagine what the POH 500 Club Auto card would look like...

Copyofpics021.jpg

Got this back in 89. Another item that graced my adolescent room

pics018.jpg

8x10 picture i had blown up. I took this pic of Mac sometime in the early 90's. Well actually my dad did, but you get the point.

pics022.jpg

Ticket stubs from 2 games i will never forget. I attended them. It was a blessing living in the Tri State area. I saw Mac's last game as Athletic agains the Yankees in the Bronx and then after he got traded, i saw his first game as a Cardinal at Veteran Stadium in Philly.

pics007.jpg

here are some pics from one of mac's last games as Athletic. This was the first game in a 3 game series that would turn out to be his last in the American League.

mac26.jpg

mac25.jpg

mac3.jpg

mac1.jpg

Ill take more pics in March when i go down to Florida for spring training. i have a box that is full with all kinds of oddball stuff.

ehhh....nothing too crazy to post about today.....

picked up a nice Ballpark IP auto off ebay that finally came today.....

here it is.....

97collectorschoice.jpg

and......

1 pair of SIGNED - GAME USED- & DATED BASEBALL CLEATS !!!!!!! DATED 9/20/95 .......On this day in September 1995, Mark Hit HR # 34 of the season (Career HR # 272) off of Shawn Boskie of the Angels. Here is a picture i got from getty images taken that day. The picture is of McGwire Crossing Home Plate after going yard.

Mcgwire.jpg

And here are the goods...........

Cleats002.jpg

Cleats001.jpg

cleats2.jpg

cleats.jpg

Cleats003.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Could use some help from a Big Mac collector.

i am in need of these four base topps cards of him: 1990, 1991, 2001, and 2002.

if anyone has any gradeable (looking for 9+) quality available of the above,
id love to buy from you (just need one of each)

Thanks,
Eric

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
here it is.....

1 pair of SIGNED - GAME USED- & DATED BASEBALL CLEATS !!!!!!! DATED 9/20/95 .......On this day in September 1995, Mark Hit HR # 34 of the season (Career HR # 272) off of Shawn Boskie of the Angels. Here is a picture i got from getty images taken that day. The picture is of McGwire Crossing Home Plate after going yard.

Mcgwire.jpg

And here are the goods...........

Cleats002.jpg

Cleats001.jpg

cleats2.jpg

cleats.jpg

Cleats003.jpg

:eek:

Very nice. Congratulations on the sweet pick up.

Members online

Latest posts