Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
You'd be like a Hawaiian millionaire... sitting out on the lanai at sunset... shredding away. Keeping all your pc guys and selling your shipping container full of extras to Burbank.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Managed to pry these away from a fellow Rusty hoarder and got to mark some biggies off my list:

Elite Status

RustyGreer2001EliteStatus.jpg

Leaf Certified Materials Gold

RustyGreerLeafCertifiedGold.jpg

2002 Triple Crown HR Parallel /7 - Rusty was injured the previous year so he only hit 7 HR

RustyGreer2002FleerTripleCrownHR.jpg

And my second one of these - 2005 Topps Retired Auto Refractor /25

RustyGreerToppsRetiredAutoRef.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I never realized Greer's career was so short! He had a auto in 2005 Retired Signature, that's when he should have still been in his prime. I guess it's a better thing for you he didn't play longer; think of all those extra Diamond Kings 1/1s you'd need to chase down!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Here are a couple of recent pickups.
2003 Donruss Signature Legends of the Summer Decade 6/10
$T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiMQmBQGW(Z5RKg~~60_12.JPG

2002 Topps Tribute Pastime Patches
$(KGrHqZ,!pIF!Mi66N7zBQHyQC,zbg~~60_12.JPG

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Picked up this 2002 Topps Chrome Black Refractor /50 Olerud recently for less than 1/3 the amount I had set a snipe for. I guess the auction might not have gotten much interest because it ended in the morning of a weekday, or maybe because the seller only had 10 feedback at the time. Whatever the reason, I'm not complaining!

uploadfromtaptalk1346374698624.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, I've been having trouble finding another one. I actually have one or two, but man this issue is particularly condition sensitive (damage to edges and corners) for some reason. I don't know if they had trouble during production or what.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I have never seen one of Larkin. Kind of shocking considering there are 202 of them.

I always thought it was odd I hadn't seen one till now either though judging by the scan the foil is not over-done and could be easy to miss as the parallel isn't what I'd call "obvious". I suppose there could be a lot of unopened product sitting around too. Does anyone know if there were both a hobby and retail version of this released? I know I opened a ton of that stuff from ToysRUs back in the day and I don't remember pulling a single one

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I always thought it was odd I hadn't seen one till now either though judging by the scan the foil is not over-done and could be easy to miss as the parallel isn't what I'd call "obvious". I suppose there could be a lot of unopened product sitting around too. Does anyone know if there were both a hobby and retail version of this released? I know I opened a ton of that stuff from ToysRUs back in the day and I don't remember pulling a single one

I don't have any of these myself. There's a few on COMC, mostly commons, and mostly in terrible shape. Perhaps these were pulled by Fleer because of condition issues? That would certainly explain the lack of these out there.

Members online

Latest posts