Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

clemente signed ball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
To me---it doesnt even look close. Clemente had trouble signing his own name. That looks way too neat.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Clemente's signature was beautiful, and is much more condensed then that ball. I'd say its fake. Not worth the risk if you're going to drop 8-12K

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Lifelongfan said:
To me---it doesnt even look close. Clemente had trouble signing his own name. That looks way too neat.

I disagree Clemente had one of the most free flowing and beautiful signatures of any HOFer out there. This ball displays none of the characteristics of his signature especially the first R in his first name.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
tikitomoka said:
nyc3 said:
Not anyone you should listen to. PSA/DNA is your best bet.
There are many private collectors that know more than psa, they're just not paid for it.

Yes, and then there are people who like to say they know what they are talking about. Now how do you decipher one from the other? I rather a PSA letter than some random dudes opinion on possibly a several thousand dollar purchase.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
nyc3 said:
tikitomoka said:
nyc3 said:
Not anyone you should listen to. PSA/DNA is your best bet.
There are many private collectors that know more than psa, they're just not paid for it.

Yes, and then there are people who like to say they know what they are talking about. Now how do you decipher one from the other? I rather a PSA letter than some random dudes opinion on possibly a several thousand dollar purchase.
If you trust the source giving you the opinion it shouldn't be a problem. There are several vintage collectors I would go to on sportscollectors.net before i would psa for something like this. Whatever, though.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This ball does not need to be sent to psa as they will not take a look at it for more than about 10-15 seconds. This signature is not a real Clemente, as everyone has said.

roafmcloaf

Jun 3, 2011
treehousesign.jpg

oh... and its fake.

Members online

Latest posts