Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My "Black" Whale was harpooned after 7 years of searching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah I normally collect Topps Chrome color but passed on this year. Design is brutal.

I hated last year's refractors so much I refused to buy any. This year is slightly better. But if the refractors are going to look this bad, then put borders back on the cards. Or figure out a way to make the refractors stand out again. 2018 design looks even worse than this year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I sent luvfish a gif of Frank Underwood saying "go f*ck yourself" after he had issued my penultimate suspension.

What was your username over there?

Haha. Why did you get a suspension before you sent that? I am HYPTZEMDSTRPLES. I wish I picked a different name.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I hated last year's refractors so much I refused to buy any. This year is slightly better. But if the refractors are going to look this bad, then put borders back on the cards. Or figure out a way to make the refractors stand out again. 2018 design looks even worse than this year.

Not a huge fan of 2016 but I still collect. Started picking up some of the 1987s from this year but that's it. Looks like 2018 will be another pass and probably will stay that want until we get borders back.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not a huge fan of 2016 but I still collect. Started picking up some of the 1987s from this year but that's it. Looks like 2018 will be another pass and probably will stay that want until we get borders back.

I like a 1987 throwback set here and there, but Topps is really running that idea into the ground. I know they made a set back in 2012. And now they have made a bunch of different sets seemingly this year. Refractors can look good without borders if the whole background has the refractor finish, but Topps is too lazy or stupid to realize this. Look how nice this red refractor looks with no borders. The card really stands out well.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/331629078493...1a15e0aa46a91ba335ffd6a8f6|iid:19&_mwBanner=1

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Congratulations! That's an awesome card!

Haha. Why did you get a suspension before you sent that? I am HYPTZEMDSTRPLES. I wish I picked a different name.

AHHH! I know who you are on BO now - I would have never guessed HYPTZEMSEZZSTRPZLESDSZ was one in the same.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland

Probably because the mod was getting molested by the janitor in high school, while I was good at sports and bonged mo beers.

giphy.gif

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Congratulations! That's an awesome card!

AHHH! I know who you are on BO now - I would have never guessed HYPTZEMSEZZSTRPZLESDSZ was one in the same.

I don't own that card. But I have some like it. I like how the player stands out from the all red background. I wish Topps would make the refractors look like that if borders are gone.

Members online