Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What seats do you prefer at a MLB game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Just want to gauge your favorite seats at a MLB stadium.

Do you like the second deck? I am thinking of trying it for the first time. I guess they must be good if prices are similar to the field seats.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I went to a Yankee game a couple of weeks ago and found tix halfway down the outfield line field level (25 rows up or so). View was great and the price was a fraction of the cost closer to home plate.

WaxPax

After having season tickets for the Rays that were 2 rows off the field next to the home dugout (gave them up a couple of years ago), the last few games we've gone to have been in the outfield bleachers. While I enjoyed being so close to the field, you hear the players and coaches talking, I like the outfield view now as a change of prospective....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Lower level, about 1/2 way up in between home and first base.

And the two closest MLB Stadiums in Baltimore and Philly are fan-view friendly and are both great...

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Growing up in southern Indiana, the "Green" seats at Riverfront Stadium (back in the day) were nice.

The "Crawford" boxes in Houston are pretty cool as well.

Last edited:

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
right behind plate row 1. went to reds game few yrs ago with those seats. Eat before game, huge selection, then food during the first 7 innings. Also like the scout seats, been there 3 times, once in a playoff game.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I really don't like sitting behind homeplate believe it or not, besides that anything works I'm sure second tier would be perfectly fine plus you're usually protected from the elements there.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I've sat in every section (i.e all levels, HP, 1B, 3B, OF) in Yankee Stadium and the second tier between the bases probably has the best vantage point.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm going to a few Twins games this coming week (Thurs, Fri, Sat) and right now we have seats in the dugout box for Thursday night, but plan on getting cheap seats the other 2 games and spending most of the time walking around the ballpark catching the game from different spots throughout the night. Most times when we go, we spend 1-3 innings walking around the concourse anyways just to get all of the different views. Thursday night will be fun though. 12 rows up from the field, just past the end of the third base dugout

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I prefer free ones.

And for the Texas Rangers game I attended I sat right behind home plate just under the over hang part they rocked in July lol

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
At&t Park: For four games this year im 9 rows up off the field in the lower box, above the visiting bullpen. I think they are good seats.

one game i will be in the upper deck behing home plate. These are freebies, and im just glad to be there for Metallica Night.

and three days later, i just got the front row in levis landing. Been wanting to watch a game from there for a while now.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
3 seasons I had tickets in the Delta Skybox at Yankee Stadium. These seats are behind home plate so you face the field. I got so used to that view that when I went with a different group of guys and sat in the bleachers facing the field toward home plate everything looked backwards and it took a while to adjust.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Growing up in southern Indiana, the "Green" seats at Riverfront Stadium (back in the day) were nice.
The green seats at Riverfront were just right; not too high and not too low. Nowadays at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, I enjoy seats in the 400 section or low 500 section along the 3rd base line as you're up high enough to see the Ohio River and banks in Kentucky. Nothing beats a great game with a scenic view.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My family used to have season tickets at the Rangers' old Arlington Stadium. The seats were two rows behind the Home dugout and they were awesome.
Rangers owner George W. Bush (before he was president or even Texas governor) sat nearby in the first row on the right corner of the dugout.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
At The Ballpark in Arlington I usually sit on the third base side as close to the field. As mentioned above it does get a bit warm in the sun. You can stick a fork in me by the 3rd inning.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I always try to get the first row or two of the left field bleachers at Busch Stadium. That's my favorite if I'm buying cheaper seats.

If I'm spending money on tickets, I want an all-inclusive area where beer and food is included with admission.

Champions Club, Legends Club, Bank of America, Party Porch areas are all-inclusive, as well as others. I've sat in them all.

Only premium seats I haven't had are the green seats behind home plate, which has a fine dining area underneath for those ticket holders. And the Commissioners box right beside the Cardinals dugout. If you get those, you get to go on the field and into the Cards dugout before the game and get your picture taken.

Going to Cardinals games is pretty expensive.

If I lived near a team who's horrible, I'd always have some of the best seats in the house. It doesn't work that way in St. Louis. Tickets come at a premium for the most part.

I want to sit at the Budweiser Rooftop at Ballpark Villaige across the street too. It has a buffet that's supposed to be amazing.

Members online

Latest posts