Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Memories Sell Sheets and Checklist (1990 Leaf Design)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Always nice to have new player PC cards to chase, but it looks like the Olerud autograph will be a pretty tough /9 whenever it's released. Just to be clear (since I'm updating my master checklist), will there be the parallel /20, /5 and 1/1 foil-stamped versions of the entire set PLUS a whole unnumbered base set, or will there just be the numbered cards without an unnumbered base set?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
2012 Leaf Memories Sell Sheets (1990 Leaf Design)

if the buybacks are all hard signed, why cant Piazza (or any other "name player") be?

i understand getting things like that are difficult, but honestly, thats what you as a non-MLB producer, has to get done.

i know this product will sell out regardless, and theres no denying that is a "good thing" for LEAF. But think about the bigger picture, how about LEAF becoming known as "The company that got rid of stickers altogether"

So get on that plane (tickets arent that much for a multi-million dollar company like LEAF) and fly to Piazza, have him sign the cards, then head home.

First, piazza would not pickup the phone to sign 29 cards.

Second, the buybacks on card were all signed at shows/private signings over the last 9 months (so they were already sitting down to sign many items)...

I hate stickers, but they are here to stay in particular cases unless (a) collectors settle for weaker checklists or (b) they are willing to pay substantially more for products.. Neither of which is realistic...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

Why not wait until you can get all 528 cards as a buy back and release it then? Why lower the bar with sticker prospect cards that no one wants?

First, with only 25 made each, the prospects should sell.

Second, it took a year to get 70 guys signed for buybacks.

I am confident that we will be able to add on to this is in future releases..

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

Always nice to have new player PC cards to chase, but it looks like the Olerud autograph will be a pretty tough /9 whenever it's released. Just to be clear (since I'm updating my master checklist), will there be the parallel /20, /5 and 1/1 foil-stamped versions of the entire set PLUS a whole unnumbered base set, or will there just be the numbered cards without an unnumbered base set?

Every base card is numbered on buybacks.. BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

It may tie up money for the short term, but I would imagine there are plenty of 1990 Leaf autos out there that BG could buy in bulk or buy rather cheaply. He has done it for other releases for buy back autos. All I am saying is if I owned Leaf, I would be sure to make this THE best release ever. When I think of Leaf baseball, I think 1990, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would have gotten all cards on card, make special cuts of the deceased from 1990 and encapsulate each one. Expensive? Sure, but it would have been worth it. Prospects in the 1990 design does nothing for me, in fact it takes away from this product just like the sticker autos. I would have done things very differently for this set, that's all I'm saying.

We are NOT buying signed cards off market.. We are getting all buybacks signed ourselves.. No chances..BG

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
For 2 autographs? And looking at the sell sheet..no guarantee of a buyback per box? Does each box contain atleast 1 buyback?

There are only 1550 boxes and 70 "buyback" autos......that is roughly 23 autos per card....Ripken is 8 while Thomas is 34. It might balance to one/box but at this point only BG knows. Maybe once the checklist is release tomorrow we can figure out how many buyback there are.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2012 Leaf Memories Sell Sheets (1990 Leaf Design)

Prices are going crazy!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Not exactly a stealth launch, as it was first announced in August.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/threads/111574-Leaf-release-schedule

According to the manufacturer, it is exactly a stealth launch.

LeafMemories_sellsheet2a.jpg

Last edited:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

There are only 1550 boxes and 70 "buyback" autos......that is roughly 23 autos per card....Ripken is 8 while Thomas is 34. It might balance to one/box but at this point only BG knows. Maybe once the checklist is release tomorrow we can figure out how many buyback there are.

1800 of the 3100 autos are buybacks

Members online

Latest posts