Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Memories Sell Sheets and Checklist (1990 Leaf Design)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
2012 Leaf Memories Sell Sheets (1990 Leaf Design)

The ability to make just 29 total autographs on the original content relies on stickers... How do I call Piazza and ask him to sign 29 pieces? Doesnt work like that.

The buybacks are ALL ON-CARD which is why only 70 or so of the guys were possible for this first set...

The good news is that additional buyback autos will be in future releases with hopes of someday getting most of the 528 card set signed!

BG

Why not wait until you can get all 528 cards as a buy back and release it then? Why lower the bar with sticker prospect cards that no one wants?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Re: 2012 Leaf Memories Sell Sheets (1990 Leaf Design)

That would tie up money for a loooooooong time I'm guessing. Better to work on a little at a time, use others as future inserts as incentives for people to try other products. Did you follow the headaches they had with Leaf Wrestling? We'll see how the breaks go but this looks damn exciting for a market of non prospectors that haven't had much to be excited about from Leaf aside from a couple big names that were already out of many collector's budgets anyway

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Puckett sticker auto?

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Why not wait until you can get all 528 cards as a buy back and release it then? Why lower the bar with sticker prospect cards that no one wants?

Because cash flow.

When you spend you have to recoup that money plus your profit to pay your other expenses. It takes a ton of profit to keep an operation like this healthy.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008

That would tie up money for a loooooooong time I'm guessing. Better to work on a little at a time, use others as future inserts as incentives for people to try other products. Did you follow the headaches they had with Leaf Wrestling? We'll see how the breaks go but this looks damn exciting for a market of non prospectors that haven't had much to be excited about from Leaf aside from a couple big names that were already out of many collector's budgets anyway

It may tie up money for the short term, but I would imagine there are plenty of 1990 Leaf autos out there that BG could buy in bulk or buy rather cheaply. He has done it for other releases for buy back autos. All I am saying is if I owned Leaf, I would be sure to make this THE best release ever. When I think of Leaf baseball, I think 1990, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would have gotten all cards on card, make special cuts of the deceased from 1990 and encapsulate each one. Expensive? Sure, but it would have been worth it. Prospects in the 1990 design does nothing for me, in fact it takes away from this product just like the sticker autos. I would have done things very differently for this set, that's all I'm saying.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008

Because cash flow.

When you spend you have to recoup that money plus your profit to pay your other expenses. It takes a ton of profit to keep an operation like this healthy.

I understand that, read my post above.
Charge more for the product, people spend ridiculous money on Leaf Best of Products all day long, this would be no different.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

I understand that, read my post above.
Charge more for the product, people spend ridiculous money on Leaf Best of Products all day long, this would be no different.

Has anyone offered up a box price to compare against other Leaf offerings?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Have any of these buy-backs been offered through Donruss when they were producing the Recollection auto sets? I ask this because I have a Recollection auto of Robby Thompson from the 1990 Leaf set.

2004LeafRecollectionAuto9011of23.jpg

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown

2004 Leaf Recollection Autographs (#ed 03/10)
img550.jpg

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

Obviously a awesome idea, one that surely has been in the mix since Brian acquired the leaf brand. I know many, including myself have called out for something like this for quite some time! At first glance it appears based on simplistic design and stickers that it may be a lower end product as well, which would be very welcome! As long as we are looking at $80 or so a box we are going to have a huge hit here, well done BG its about time you rolled this out!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts