Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Wow, nice pickup! Do you occasionally entertain delusions of going for the set, or just shootin' for the stars? You've got a nice little collection of them so far! Was that the PSA 8 and you cracked it?
Cracked it as soon as I got it. Sometimes I think about going for the set but realistically, no. I just grabbed it cause I thought the price was good. I think the Z2s go for too low for being /20. Plus they look rad. I'll keep the Cal around for a bit but it's not going into the PC. At least that's what I told myself when I bought it. :lol:

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I finally picked up a copy of this card: 1999 Skybox Autographics Barry Larkin Blue Ink Version #3/50. It was listed as a 99 cent auction, and I messaged the seller to see if he would add a buy it now option. He agreed to and a I snatched it up. I think it was a fair price for both sides:

1999 Skybox Autographics Barry Larkin SP Auto 03 50 SSP Legends | eBay

I have a Blue Ink version already, but it is not serial #'d. I assume it is either a backdoored version or they just forgot to put the hand serial # on it. Very happy to finally land one that I know is legit though :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Larkin wasn't in this set, so I don't know much about it. What was the deal with these? Is $80 a steal on this card?

Oh hell yeah. Let's just say I paid a nice chunk for a Bagwell. I've only seen two ever. And I would have paid double what I ended up paying. That Ripken can get way more than $80.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^agreed, still looking to add a Piazza to my collection. I saw one on ebay almost two years ago, it was at an opening bid of $49.99 and had no bids. I thought it would end with no bids and the seller would relist with a lower starting bid. Unfortunately, someone sniped it at the end :(

^Nice Larkin autographics!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I think it's hard to say. I was disappointed earlier this year when a Barry Bonds had a hard time selling and I think eventually sold for a best offer of about $50-$75. Disappointed because I have a Barry, too! But I would think Ripken sells better than Bonds. I was also impressed by the condition in the awesome front and back scans on COMC. Sometimes these have white showing on the corners/edges like the Juan that is/was on ebay right now.

AUTaxMan's response is what fascinates me about issues like these. How many are actually in circulation in the collecting community? How many are unopened, how many destroyed, how many sitting in childhood closets of now adults who pulled one from a dollar pack at their local hobby shop back in '99? That's what fascinates me about the Starquests /100 and the You Crash the Game Instant Winners.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
To RustyGreer's list I would add the 1999 Topps MVP Promotion cards, and 2000 which technically belongs in a different thread :)

Some are unopened, some destroyed, some in closets or penny bins at LCS's and some were redeemed...so probably a lot less than 100 out there of each player.

MartinezPedro_1999ToppsMVPPromotion_zps4b31d45b.jpg

CopyofMartinezPedro_1999_ToppsMVPPromotion449.jpg

I have a Juan Gone too--if anyone is interested (Nosterbor?) let me know

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
been buying a few (and getting outdone on a few) cards the past couple of weeks just got this one in the mail today:

1999-finest-gold.JPG
#/100 case is a bit scratched up but it's what is inside that I like!

not for the 90s thread but picked up a 2000 prism proof #/10 also and something else fun coming in this week!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
been buying a few (and getting outdone on a few) cards the past couple of weeks just got this one in the mail today:

1999-finest-gold.JPG
#/100 case is a bit scratched up but it's what is inside that I like!

not for the 90s thread but picked up a 2000 prism proof #/10 also and something else fun coming in this week!

Pretty card. Congrats on the pick up.

CRACK ATTACK!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So decided to pick away SLOWLY at the 1994 Topps Black Gold Winner cards. Albert Belle shows up on the A, AB and ABCD cards... clearly a redemption and redeemed version of each for a total of 6 cards. I have both A's and then the redemption version of AB.

If anyone has the redeemed version of AB or either ABCD, let me know :)

(Yes, I understand how rare and expensive the ABCDs are lol)

What about Certified and Non Certified? Shouldnt you need more?

Members online

Latest posts