Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Yeah, the foil on the front is Silver where the "base" are Gold Foil. They were in Mantle Cereal Box looking factory sets. Not sure how many sets were made, but they aren't extremely common.
Ryan

This is exactly correct on the silvers. I bought an entire set to get the Larkin. Sold the 2 Jeters for over $100. A lot of collectors didn't know about these because Beckett didn't add the variation to their database until years after the release (sometime between 2005-2006 I believe). I still have a ton of these silvers if anyone needs their player. I know the Puckett and Jeters and some of teh others have been sold, but I still have a large portion of the set including some of the star players.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Ah, so these are likely to be replacement cards should the original end up damaged? I'll throw a lowball offer at him and use it as a placeholder until a pack pulled copy manages to find its way to the market.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
THis guy has had a ton of "backdoor" or "garbage" type stuff...legit meaning from a pack-I'd say no way. Legit meaning made by Fleer, I'd say yes.

That's basically how's I'd sum it up. He must have connections, can't hate him for that, but I'd say its the "replacement" version not the "pack" version though still a tuff item regardless. Throw an offer out, see if it sticks

Ryan

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Pay the 100! You wont see another one. I don't care if its pack,backdoor or someone pulled it out their ass. If that was a Gonzalez it would not have lasted 2 min on ebay.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pay the 100! You wont see another one. I don't care if its pack,backdoor or someone pulled it out their ass. If that was a Gonzalez it would not have lasted 2 min on ebay.

I tend to agree with this... at some point, you can't think about how the guy got it, etc. but rather the card itself, which is RARE.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
Is it only being questioned simply because of the seller? Meaning if another seller had it for sale, we'd just assume it was the pack version even though there's no difference between the two, or is there?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Have you seen another? I think at this point you are splitting hairs. This lasted 2 min on ebay same seller Last year for $299 BIN. I was beat to it by one min by another Juan collector:mad:
juan_picture.php
juan_picture.php

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts