Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GU Bat Purchase help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Question about the knob, what is on the knob?
Is there a batch date at all??
Or is it a plain knob?

Plain ol' knob. I appreciate all your help. Didn't even know that PSA site with examples existed. I've found photo evidence of Posada using a similar style bat though.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Plain ol' knob. I appreciate all your help. Didn't even know that PSA site with examples existed. I've found photo evidence of Posada using a similar style bat though.
I'm 99.9% sure Louisville stamps the knob with the batch made date, the length and the weight on all bats players use. It would seem odd to not have this on your bat looking at all of the PSA examples that have this same stamping.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I'm 99.9% sure Louisville stamps the knob with the batch made date, the length and the weight on all bats players use. It would seem odd to not have this on your bat looking at all of the PSA examples that have this same stamping.

While some players have those details stamped on the knob end, I'm 100% sure this is not true for all players as some of my Dunn GU bats are not stamped on the knob and I've seen many other LVS bats without those details. If you know the right people to contact you can obtain the Louisville Slugger bat order records for any player they've made bats for over the years. Based on length, weight, wood type, model number, finish and player characteristics, one is able to determine a good time period for when a bat was used.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
So how much to game used bats from scrubs and stars usually go for?I'm not familiar with stuff like this either.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
So how much to game used bats from scrubs and stars usually go for?I'm not familiar with stuff like this either.

I've paid anywhere between $60-$125. Just depends on where you buy them. I don't mind paying that as I'm pretty confident they are legit. But what I call scrubs may not be considered scrubs to others. I've gotten Adam Laroche, Ty Wiggington, Jeremy Hermedia, and a Jason Kubel.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
It may be a "game issued" bat with a legit signature. That bat looks pristine though...highly doubt it is "game used".

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
So, sort of an impulse buy, but I recently purchased a signed GU bat of Posada for $135 that just arrived today. However, this is my first GU purchase and a couple things just seem a little off so I was wondering if anyone more experienced with game used items could give some advice.

#1 There doesn't appear to be any bat-ball marks. Is this common? Does the bat making contact with a ball always leave some sort of mark? I guess it's also possible that he didn't make any contact during a game when this was used.

#2 There appears to be residue from tape on it. I'm not familiar with Posada using tape. He is most known for the pine tar, which I had thought the residue was when I saw the original pictures. Anyone who saw Posada play regularly in NY ever see tape on the bat? Whether in BP or during the actual game.

#3 Should there be anything on the knob? I've seen previous bat knobs with the number on it or bat size specifications, but this knob is clean with black paint.

Here's some pics

This is my first GU purchase so I just don't know if I'm being paranoid or if there is validity behind my concerns. At least the autograph looks legit, lol. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would go with stiener for any gu yankee stuff. I got a bernie gamer frion stiener with a psa on the auto paid a lot to.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts