Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ZACK GREINKE SIGNS A 6-YEAR, $206M DEAL WITH THE DBACKS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've heard our talk radio saying we were going to try n get a pitcher but when the missed out on Ceuto I thought it was over. Guess not. As much as I hate these deals, I'm glad the DBax are spending $. Has to piss the Dodgers n Giants off ;)

Ryan

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
Zack Greinke receives about $195 million on six year deal from #Dbacks

Dayummmm, Gina! :eek:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Obviously they won't care, but AZ sacrifices their 1st round pick next year. (13th overall)

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
As a Dodger fan I can accept the Dbacks landing Greinke as opposed to the supposed competition in the Giants. I know the Dbacks are supposed to start getting more media money but still a contract of this size is going to be a larger % of total team salary than would be for Dodgers or Giants so risk is certainly higher on their part. I live in Denver so I'll still get to see him pitch a couple times a year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks as though it's even more.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Greinke deal is six years, $206M. Deferrals expected.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Looks as though it's even more.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Greinke deal is six years, $206M. Deferrals expected.

Could Cueto been had for $10/mil less a year ? Man I think that's just crazy esp ifs it doesn't equal the playoffs. Fingers crossed.

Ryan

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
"Going to the playoffs is dumb."
- Zack Greinke

i can imagine this contract haunting Arizona in four years. I can imagine a comparable one haunting the Dodgers or Giants had they landed him.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Ha, Arizona's payroll last season was less than double Grienke's AAV. Crazy. Hopefully it works out for them...

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
For comparison's sake, Goldschmidt's contract is 5 years/32 million. Greinke will make more than that before 2016 is even over, at $34 million.

Insanity, but I love it! And I bought my new jersey today, good timing!

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
Love the signing - hope they get the value for the contract years - the Dodgers cannot be happy - go D Backs!

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
For comparison's sake, Goldschmidt's contract is 5 years/32 million. Greinke will make more than that before 2016 is even over, at $34 million.

Insanity, but I love it! And I bought my new jersey today, good timing!
Amen! Before they increase the prices to cover part of the trade! Best regards, David

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm rescinding this compliment 'cuz that is just too much time and money for any pitcher, and 99.5% of the position players.

While I agree to the statement , what else should they do? Sit and go for just eh players or try and make a splash? The $ only matters if it keeps them from getting other talent or resigning what they have and I'm not sure it caused that to happen.

Ryan

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
One thing they were talking about on MLB channel, is that AZ doesn't have a state income tax where CA does.. so he will get more $$ even if the contract was the same as one in CA..

Glad to see the D-Backs outsnipe the Dodgers and the Giants.. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts