Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Babe Ruth cut auto from heroes tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
People seriously need to get off of [MENTION=2558]boomo[/MENTION] s junk. The people that are saying everything negative I am certain are people who have not purchased anything from him or have never dealt with him in any way. He's providing this service, he is opening product just like Chris, CNC and AIC. Say what you want to about his demeanor and/or public relations skills, he gives away more stuff than I have ever seen a massive breaker giveaway, he is one of the most prompt shippers I have ever dealt with and is extremely approachable as long as you are not an uptight *******. Not to mention how entertaining his breaks are. As far as HOS goes, I personally have not nor will I take part in any of the brakes, simply because how shaddy I believe the company is. At the same time, I do not fault Matt at all for trying to sell this product. It is a simple case of supply and demand, he would not be selling if people were not purchasing it. Why should it be his fault if people are purchasing a shjt product? I guarantee nobody here would yell at Andrew the way they are Matt if he was selling a product like this (I'm very aware Andrew is choosing not to carry or sell this product, I'm just making a generalization).

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
People seriously need to get off of @boomo s junk. The people that are saying everything negative I am certain are people who have not purchased anything from him or have never dealt with him in any way. He's providing this service, he is opening product just like Chris, CNC and AIC. Say what you want to about his demeanor and/or public relations skills, he gives away more stuff than I have ever seen a massive breaker giveaway, he is one of the most prompt shippers I have ever dealt with and is extremely approachable as long as you are not an uptight *******. Not to mention how entertaining his breaks are. As far as HOS goes, I personally have not nor will I take part in any of the brakes, simply because how shaddy I believe the company is. At the same time, I do not fault Matt at all for trying to sell this product. It is a simple case of supply and demand, he would not be selling if people were not purchasing it. Why should it be his fault if people are purchasing a shjt product? I guarantee nobody here would yell at Andrew the way they are Matt if he was selling a product like this (I'm very aware Andrew is choosing not to carry or sell this product, I'm just making a generalization).

You don't understand that some people find it strange that his "buddy" pulled one of the biggest hits of the product, a "buddy" that has some sort of vested interest in the sale of the product? It's not fishy at ALL to you?

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
You don't understand that some people find it strange that his "buddy" pulled one of the biggest hits of the product, a "buddy" that has some sort of vested interest in the sale of the product? It's not fishy at ALL to you?

I never said that all, what I am stating is that I will never buy any of that product. I honestly don't believe that Matt would compromise his reputation on something like that, maybe I'm stupid.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

Ive watched some of his breaks and been in a couple now and I can confirm that the only time I see Gelf get into a break is if they need one last spot filled or the break doesnt happen. I think the only thing strange is why these hot boxes were not announced or heard of until a couple of weeks ago, which has nothing to do with boomo but HOS. so maybe the guy who came on here before should be emailed and se what he says, he left his email if anyone has any questions. I even brought up the question why nobody heard of them until now and why were they not advertised and was told they wanted it to be a surprise, and that was after I was asked if I worked for topps because of all my questions....

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Ive watched some of his breaks and been in a couple now and I can confirm that the only time I see Gelf get into a break is if they need one last spot filled or the break doesnt happen. I think the only thing strange is why these hot boxes were not announced or heard of until a couple of weeks ago, which has nothing to do with boomo but HOS. so maybe the guy who came on here before should be emailed and se what he says, he left his email if anyone has any questions. I even brought up the question why nobody heard of them until now and why were they not advertised and was told they wanted it to be a surprise, and that was after I was asked if I worked for topps because of all my questions....

This convenient Gelf character must be very lucky. I mean, Gelf is clearly making money off of the HOS product in some capacity, and to also pull one of the biggest hits in the product? Bravo!

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I heard that this Gelf character pulled "half" of an Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III dual auto 1/1 from a boomo break as well. Truly a "lucky" person.

its all done live with sealed boxes/ cases not sure how it could be rigged. I'm sure this Gelf guy has been in plenty of breaks were he got absolute crap just to keep the break alive for boomos customers

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
its all done live with sealed boxes/ cases not sure how it could be rigged. I'm sure this Gelf guy has been in plenty of breaks were he got absolute crap just to keep the break alive for boomos customers

And why on EARTH would someone do that? Rich and stupid? Part of the Church of Boomology? Why does "Gelf" care about boomo's customers? I'm just curious is all. When the same person is consistently pulling case hits worth $4,000+ with relative ease from boomo's breaks, I think it's okay to at least ask questions.

Last edited:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Gelf, that's the guy who kicked me out of the original break the second I asked him about some of the card values.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Gelf, that's the guy who kicked me out of the original break the second I asked him about some of the card values.

He didnt want you pricing the hill-shire farms raw $8.00 cards popping up in HOS in front of the crowd lol

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I heard that this Gelf character pulled "half" of an Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III dual auto 1/1 from a boomo break as well. Truly a "lucky" person.

And it turns out boomo sold the Luck/Griffin 1/1 auto that "Gelf" pulled on his ebay account. Suffice to say it wouldn't be shocking if boomo eventually has the Ruth cut that "Gelf" pulled for sale on his ebay account?

Just asking questions. Of course boomo can at any time chime in and set the record straight.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
And it turns out boomo sold the Luck/Griffin 1/1 auto that "Gelf" pulled on his ebay account. Suffice to say it wouldn't be shocking if boomo eventually has the Ruth cut that "Gelf" pulled for sale on his ebay account?

Just asking questions. Of course boomo can at any time chime in and set the record straight.

boomo has sold for Gelf in the past. Unsure if he still does. Gelf has alot of nice cards. So many duplicates you would think he was getting them backdoored from Topps. But that is not that case. He bought them. I know that for a fact (one of the few in this thread) as he and I were buying the same set few years back. He bought all of mine. High end transactions. PP gift, send 1st, pay later etc. Never had a problem. Seems like the guy wants to invest in cards. Filled in a spot in a break and got lucky. Was happy and gave away stuff for free. You never have done that? Really? Try it, feels good.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
boomo has sold for Gelf in the past. Unsure if he still does. Gelf has alot of nice cards. So many duplicates you would think he was getting them backdoored from Topps. But that is not that case. He bought them. I know that for a fact (one of the few in this thread) as he and I were buying the same set few years back. He bought all of mine. High end transactions. PP gift, send 1st, pay later etc. Never had a problem. Seems like the guy wants to invest in cards. Filled in a spot in a break and got lucky. Was happy and gave away stuff for free. You never have done that? Really? Try it, feels good.

Given away hundreds of dollars to random strangers? Nope. I wish I could even afford to. I have also never had a vested interest in case breaking and bought slots in said cases and pulled monster hits. Should I try it?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Given away hundreds of dollars to random strangers? Nope. I wish I could even afford to. I have also never had a vested interest in case breaking and bought slots in said cases and pulled monster hits. Should I try it?

Well he can afford to give away stuff and did. I'm not rich and have done the same. Not that big of a deal.

As for the spot in the break. Unsure of Gelfs involvement with HOS but it appears he is "involved". If it was my break, I would not allow it. It makes for threads like this, even if on the up and up. But that was boomos call, not mine.

I'm all for calling out scammers. Great. But without proof only assumptions and borderline sensationalism ........ I mean you posted that long Gelf post. (Taken from here or BO?) Anyways you then comment "Why so defensive?" like he's over reacting like a guilty person. Was it from BO? If so, you know why he's being defensive. Alot of people are assuming and calling him out. If I was innocent I'd write a mini book too. And I assume you would too.

Anyways this is not my fight, dont want to get dragged in more than than this so I'm out. I've rewritten this reply 6x now....

I knew "Gelf" in '11 and he was a standup guy. Hope this is just a case of something good happening but at the wrong place. Just wanted to chime in a little and share what I know and hope tomorrow I'm not eating crow. Good Luck.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Wasn't it done by random.org and a snake draft. I do know when someone is hosting a break and they're not full they always hit their go to guys up for slots of course at a discount. The witch hunt treatment here is full blown but this his stuff never really sat right with some from day one it's not gonna change now.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
And why on EARTH would someone do that? Rich and stupid? Part of the Church of Boomology? Why does "Gelf" care about boomo's customers? I'm just curious is all. When the same person is consistently pulling case hits worth $4,000+ with relative ease from boomo's breaks, I think it's okay to at least ask questions.

You're an idiot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts