Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
A Very Mariners Mailday

1998 Donruss Collections Elite Prized /220

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture17994-edgar-martinez-elite-prized.jpg

1997 Flair Legacy

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture17995-jay-buhner-1997-flair-legacy.jpg

1997 Score Stand & Deliver Gold

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-part-ii-picture17996-randy-johnson-stand-deliver-gold.jpg

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
Just wanted to say I've really enjoyed reading this thread. I missed out on some prime 90s insert years but have fond memories of all the ones I went after in the early-90s. You guys have some pretty incredible collections, keep the scans coming.

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
After seeing weight333's post (welcome to the 90's thread by the way!) I had the urge to look through my Cruz Crusades again and check on what I still needed. How is everyone doing on their Crusade hunt? I just need the Green and Purple Unnumbered Replacements and the Purple and Red CTA Bankruptcy Series II (If they even exist).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
After seeing weight333's post (welcome to the 90's thread by the way!) I had the urge to look through my Cruz Crusades again and check on what I still needed. How is everyone doing on their Crusade hunt? I just need the Green and Purple Unnumbered Replacements and the Purple and Red CTA Bankruptcy Series II (If they even exist).

Wow, that's really nice!

I still need the Red Belle and I think clarkfan owns the trio of the Belle proofs, so hopefully those will make it home one day.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I have the three normal Greers, the Green and the Purple Executive Proofs, I've never seen the replacements, and just a few months ago I finally saw the Bankruptcy Series II version. Boy I would love to have one of those in my collection!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Is any player collectors here fortunate enough to own the Pennant Fever Coppers /20 from 1998 or 1999? It has to be one of the toughies from the 90s for sure.

Not baseball, but I've got the equivalent card in my Trent Dilfer collection...1998 Aurora Championship Fever Copper/20. As was said earlier, not a very attractive set.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
To me, and you guys may have had totally different experiences, the thing I loved about Pacific stuff was that it was so cheap for a pack and you could pull pretty good cards(money wise) out of them pretty easily. I barely collected in high school(wish I had stuck with it) but I used to get them at k-Mart for a buck and some change per pack and pull some very cool and expensive stuff. Granted this was before eBay became what it is and Beckett still meant something as far as value.

Now I go into Walmart or target and buy searched packs with just a shred of hope the collation is good enough to build a base set let alone pull a decent card. Truthfully I buy blasted or rack packs. Anything else is futile to even bother with. But still, it's not like it was before. Even despite the fact that inserts and numbered cards have died in popularity and price to a degree. It's because there was value in a pack both price and quality wise. That's why I love the 90's stuff and especially Pacific. You just don't get that anymore although I do commend topps and leaf for trying the diecut stuff more.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I think they are like 1:67 , I don't know print run but my guess is in the 50-100 on the 1997 ones, more on the 1998s. Someone may know more details but I think the 97s are tuff for any player. I think you did well w the Henderson at $40

Ryan
sold the Mac and Mo Crime dog is in sons PC

Members online

Latest posts